• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitter by Region - International

mustski

Angel Diva
With SkiDiva's permission, I have taken the information from this thread:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/
and organized it according to region. I excluded any recommendation that did not include personal experience. The original thread is still fully intact and includes all that information.

A bootfitting is not the same as "trying on boots." It is both a science and an art. To understand this better, go here:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-you-yes-you-need-a-boot-fitting.2075/

The purpose of this thread is to provide an easy reference for women looking for a qualified bootfitter in a particular area. I have referenced the diva(s) who recommended a particular bootfitter. For further information, you can send them a private message. There are a few bootfitters listed from the original posting. I believe that information came originally from Epic and is trustworthy.

If there are great bootfitters with whom you have had personal experience, please add them here using this format:
Bootfitter's Name:
Name of Shop:
Address of Shop:
Phone Number:
Email:

Additional Comments:

mustski

Angel Diva
Australia

Robbie & Ollie
Ajays

115 Canterbury Rd
Heathmont Vic 3135
Tel: (03) 9720 4647
Fax: (03) 9720 2538
www.snow-ski.com.au
[email protected]

and their sister store:

EMC
68 Whitehorse Rd
Deepdene Vic 3103
Tel: (03) 9817 1477
Fax: (03) 9817 7693
[email protected]

Additional Comments: can't recommend them highly enough for ALL gear. Ollie works the US season as well and BOTH are qualified fitters.

Diva Rec: Anna

BUMPS SKI & SURF PTY LTD
465 Glenhuntly Rd.
ELSTERNWICK Vic. 3185
Australia

Tel: 61 3 9528 2701
Fax: 61 3 9528 4739
[email protected]
Additional Comments: I recommend Bumps in Elsternwick Victoria, Australia. Any of the boot fitters are all trained, and very good at what they do.

Diva Rec: suzyq40

Larry Adler
Larry Adler's Ski & Outdoor

1024 Pittwater Road
Collaroy NSW 2097
AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61-2-9971 8711
Fax: 61-2-9981 4336

Additional comments: Larry is now over 80 years old and a legend in the boot fitting game in Australia. I have only owned 2 pair of boots in 25 years skiing and Larry fitted them both. I have NEVER needed to break them in or have any alterations done.

Diva Rec: Baileysmum

867 Fulham Road,
London, SW6 5HP
020 7736 0046
https://www.profeet.co.uk/skiing/

Additional Comments: 2 years after I bought my boots, I took them back and complained about pain I was getting in my legs. They checked everything over, talked about what I was doing differently, called in the on-site physio who explained that I've been working out incorrectly! He sent me home with instructions on how to correct my training — worked a treat! And didn't charge me anything. LOVE these people.

Diva Rec: skieuse

Colin Martin, C.Ped
Solutions 4 Feet Ltd

Suite B, Gobles Court
7 Market Square
Bicester
Oxfordshire, OX26 6AA
England
+44 (0)1869 244424
[email protected]
www.solutions4feet.com
Additional Comments: Another shout out for Solutions 4 Feet in Bicester - sorted out my boots, and more importantly sorted out dh who with his previous boots was suffering serious quad burn even before he put on his skis (combination of small wide feet, narrow heel, wide calf). Only problem is that they are over 350 miles away. (whywhy)

I saw Colin of Solutions4feet in Bicester, England. I guess there's no harm in giving him another recommendation. (SaraJ)

I haven't seen Colin as a bootfitter, but I have had some great discussions with him on line. I'm not surprised that you had a good experience with him. (SnowHot)

Diva Rec: whywhy, SaraJ, SnowHot

36 Rue Du Centre
Le Serre Chatier
05330 Chantemerle, France
08 99 10 57 28
Additional Comments: the best bootfitter I've met, Bruno Bornicat. (Heddious)
I had to search the internet to find this bootfitter as the information was incomplete in the other thread. Luckily he has a most unique name and I can read French at a passable level. (mustski)

Diva Rec: Heddious

Steven Rooke
Footworks

Opposite The Aiguille du Midi Telecabin.
7 Place Edmond Desailloud,
Chamonix Sud
Chamonix Mont Blanc.
France.
tel: 0033450534652
e-mail: [email protected]

Trois Vallees
Armando Podo Concept – Orthopédiste
The Soldanelle

Reberty 1850
73440 Les Menuires
tel: 04 79 07 30 87
www.armandopodo.fr
Additional Comments: Tiny shop, hidden away just off the piste. Wears a white coat, speaks english, is an orthopaedic podiatrist who sells boots and looks like Lurch from the Adams family...fantastic if you have funny feet.

Diva Rec: Perty
Aettenbergstrasse 6
5630 Muri (AG)
Switzerland
+41 (0) 56 664 34 33
https://www.huwiler-sport.ch/
Additional Comments: I (and many people I know) have had an excellent experience with these guys. For those that don't speak German, ask for Colin, who speaks excellent English.
First time I went there was mid-season and they didn't have much range left. They told me they wouldn't sell me a boot that wasn't just right, and promised to ring in Autumn to let me know when the new models were in. They kept their promise, then spent more than two hours fitting the right boots and making custom insoles, making mods to the plastic shell etc. Two seasons later and they are still super comfy (well, for ski boots anyway).

Diva Rec: MissS

A-6235 Reith im Alpbachtal, Tirol, Austria
43 (5337) 63260
https://www.sport-hun.at/

Diva Rec: SaraJ

ROTTERDAM AREA:

Norbert Maier Sports (Norbert Maier is a native Austrian)
Schiedamsedijk 155
3011 EP Rotterdam
+31(0) 104 131 167
www.norbertmaiersport.nl

UTRECHT AREA:

MK Skicervice
Leijenseweg 14
3721 BD Bilthoven
+31(0) 302 282 694
www.mkskiservice.nl

Wim Jaquet Sports
Langestraat 111-115
3811 AD Amersfoort
+31(0) 334 618 996
www.wimjaquetsports.nl

Additional Comments: There are some great bootfitters here in the Netherlands too... Don't ask me why, though. No mountains, no snow... But still.

Guest Diva Rec: Gigi

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steven Rooke isn't at Footworks now, he has his own place, Sole which unfortunately doesn't have a webpage but does have a FB page

mustski

Angel Diva
Steven Rooke isn't at Footworks now, he has his own place, Sole which unfortunately doesn't have a webpage but does have a FB page
Can you post his info here so divas can find him if they want. That's pretty much the goal of the thread to update the info on bootfitters worth visiting. :smile:

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also I think Perty wasn't as happy when she went back to her bootfitter this year?

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steven Rooke
Sole Chamonix
https://www.facebook.com/SOLEbootlab?fref=ts

No personal experience although I may visit him if in Chamonix next year and will update if I do

So I'm just back from Chamonix where I got new boots at Sole, they have 5 people working there I believe, I was fitted by Will and am really, really happy with my boots. He took ages deciding on the right pair, didn't try to talk me into buying more than I needed and was happy for me to go in most days after skiing for small adjustments until he got them perfect. I wanted a super tight fit and none of the other shops I have bought from before have given me that and the difference in feeling after finally getting boots that don't move around on my feet at all is amazing. From watching them all the boot fitters in the shop seemed of a really high standard so I would really recommend going there for boot if you are skiing in the area at all.

@mustski can you edit the initial post now to update the new info, I have no idea if Footworks still have good bootfitters but I went in to see about demoing a pair of DPS skis and they weren't the most helpful about that.

Sole Boot Lab
14 chemin des pouvolles,
74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
France
tel +33 4 50 96 11 63

I contacted them through Facebook and phoned them and got quick replies to both.

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Australia

Robbie & Ollie
Ajays

115 Canterbury Rd
Heathmont Vic 3135
Tel: (03) 9720 4647
Fax: (03) 9720 2538
www.snow-ski.com.au
[email protected]

and their sister store:

EMC
68 Whitehorse Rd
Deepdene Vic 3103
Tel: (03) 9817 1477
Fax: (03) 9817 7693
[email protected]

Additional Comments: can't recommend them highly enough for ALL gear. Ollie works the US season as well and BOTH are qualified fitters.

Diva Rec: Anna

BUMPS SKI & SURF PTY LTD
465 Glenhuntly Rd.
ELSTERNWICK Vic. 3185
Australia

Tel: 61 3 9528 2701
Fax: 61 3 9528 4739
[email protected]
Additional Comments: I recommend Bumps in Elsternwick Victoria, Australia. Any of the boot fitters are all trained, and very good at what they do.

Diva Rec: suzyq40

Larry Adler
Larry Adler's Ski & Outdoor

1024 Pittwater Road
Collaroy NSW 2097
AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61-2-9971 8711
Fax: 61-2-9981 4336

Additional comments: Larry is now over 80 years old and a legend in the boot fitting game in Australia. I have only owned 2 pair of boots in 25 years skiing and Larry fitted them both. I have NEVER needed to break them in or have any alterations done.

Diva Rec: Baileysmum

867 Fulham Road,
London, SW6 5HP
020 7736 0046
https://www.profeet.co.uk/skiing/

Additional Comments: 2 years after I bought my boots, I took them back and complained about pain I was getting in my legs. They checked everything over, talked about what I was doing differently, called in the on-site physio who explained that I've been working out incorrectly! He sent me home with instructions on how to correct my training — worked a treat! And didn't charge me anything. LOVE these people.

Diva Rec: skieuse

Colin Martin, C.Ped
Solutions 4 Feet Ltd

Suite B, Gobles Court
7 Market Square
Bicester
Oxfordshire, OX26 6AA
England
+44 (0)1869 244424
[email protected]
www.solutions4feet.com
Additional Comments: Another shout out for Solutions 4 Feet in Bicester - sorted out my boots, and more importantly sorted out dh who with his previous boots was suffering serious quad burn even before he put on his skis (combination of small wide feet, narrow heel, wide calf). Only problem is that they are over 350 miles away. (whywhy)

I saw Colin of Solutions4feet in Bicester, England. I guess there's no harm in giving him another recommendation. (SaraJ)

I haven't seen Colin as a bootfitter, but I have had some great discussions with him on line. I'm not surprised that you had a good experience with him. (SnowHot)

Diva Rec: whywhy, SaraJ, SnowHot

36 Rue Du Centre
Le Serre Chatier
05330 Chantemerle, France
08 99 10 57 28
Additional Comments: the best bootfitter I've met, Bruno Bornicat. (Heddious)
I had to search the internet to find this bootfitter as the information was incomplete in the other thread. Luckily he has a most unique name and I can read French at a passable level. (mustski)

Diva Rec: Heddious

Steven Rooke
Footworks

Opposite The Aiguille du Midi Telecabin.
7 Place Edmond Desailloud,
Chamonix Sud
Chamonix Mont Blanc.
France.
tel: 0033450534652
e-mail: [email protected]

Trois Vallees
Armando Podo Concept – Orthopédiste
The Soldanelle

Reberty 1850
73440 Les Menuires
tel: 04 79 07 30 87
www.armandopodo.fr
Additional Comments: Tiny shop, hidden away just off the piste. Wears a white coat, speaks english, is an orthopaedic podiatrist who sells boots and looks like Lurch from the Adams family...fantastic if you have funny feet.

Diva Rec: Perty
Aettenbergstrasse 6
5630 Muri (AG)
Switzerland
+41 (0) 56 664 34 33
https://www.huwiler-sport.ch/
Additional Comments: I (and many people I know) have had an excellent experience with these guys. For those that don't speak German, ask for Colin, who speaks excellent English.
First time I went there was mid-season and they didn't have much range left. They told me they wouldn't sell me a boot that wasn't just right, and promised to ring in Autumn to let me know when the new models were in. They kept their promise, then spent more than two hours fitting the right boots and making custom insoles, making mods to the plastic shell etc. Two seasons later and they are still super comfy (well, for ski boots anyway).

Diva Rec: MissS

A-6235 Reith im Alpbachtal, Tirol, Austria
43 (5337) 63260
https://www.sport-hun.at/

Diva Rec: SaraJ

ROTTERDAM AREA:

Norbert Maier Sports (Norbert Maier is a native Austrian)
Schiedamsedijk 155
3011 EP Rotterdam
+31(0) 104 131 167
www.norbertmaiersport.nl

UTRECHT AREA:

MK Skicervice
Leijenseweg 14
3721 BD Bilthoven
+31(0) 302 282 694
www.mkskiservice.nl

Wim Jaquet Sports
Langestraat 111-115
3811 AD Amersfoort
+31(0) 334 618 996
www.wimjaquetsports.nl

Additional Comments: There are some great bootfitters here in the Netherlands too... Don't ask me why, though. No mountains, no snow... But still.

Guest Diva Rec: Gigi

Because, the Dutch like doing anything that defies sensible?

But, a new bootfitter in Amsterdam : https://www.bootfitter.nl/ I've read some good reviews about their knowledge and service, nothing is too much trouble. I can get there with the tram in 20 minutes door-to-door!

klar

Certified Ski Diva
Schuhlabor / Marc Achmüller
Rathausplatz 5
6150 Steinach/Tirol
Austria
T +43 5272 21484
www.schuhlabor.at
info[at]schuhlabor.at

They sell and specialize in custom fitting plug boots but also have a good selection of touring boots and will work on anything you bring them. Extremely competent.

Janis Williams

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok

You can add these
Sidas in Grenoble (well actually small village just out of Grenoble but you can take the train). Side are the people make Conformable footbeds/liners. They have their own podiatrists and do the french team cycling and skiing. Well worth it if you have issues for feet. they also sell and fit boots.

The absolutely BEST - no questions asked.
Jeff Bergeron in Breckenridge and Denver. He does NOT sell boots. He will charge you a fee for an alignment assessment. then he will tell you the best boots for your feet/leg/body conformation. If you then go back he will deduct a part of the alignment charge from a footbed price or boot fitting work. I have very funky feet and hip issues(long story but I have no real functional ligaments in one ankle, little in the other) but Jeff has them fixed easily. He has also solved alignment problems for various folks we have skied with. If you can organise the time he will even ski with you and check you then. Or if not take video for him. If you make an appointment go with shorts. Take skis, boots, footbeds, video.

wpsally

Certified Ski Diva
Eric Russell
Local Experience
78436 US Hwy 40
Winter Park, CO 80482
970-363-7220
www.facebook.com/localexperience

Eric's been in the valley for years and just opened his own shop in 2013. The general service there is excellent for everything and for boot fitting Eric's the best.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The very tight boots I bought in Chamonix have been giving me trouble so went to a bootfitter in the UK, the ex Olympic ski racer Alain Baxter. I was really, really impressed and he seems to have solved my boot problem. I've been to quite a few folk in the UK and I've no hesitation in reccomending him

https://www.alainbaxter.co.uk/

Unit 4
Springkerse Industrial Estate
5 Munro road
Stirling
FK7 7UU

CONTACT
t: 0178 644 8335
e: [email protected]

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Germany

Boot Performance
Ludwigstrasse 9
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
tel:+49 (8821) 9 67 79 86

https://boot-performance.de/sport.html (website only in German)

A ski instructor in Garmisch recommended this store. My boots were giving me trouble and they did some work on them which vastly improved the fit and allowed me to wear them for a few more seasons. Before doing anything they had me stand barefoot on a machine to take a scan of my feet. They would liked to have sold me new boots but when I explained that I wasn’t in the market for them, they did the necessary work at a reasonable price. I speak German, so I can’t vouch for how well they speak English.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New Zealand

Gnomes Alpine Sports
26 South Terrace
Darfield
Canterbury

https://gnomes.co.nz/

My old ski boots were too wide and I struggled to find good service and advice about what to do with my narrow feet. Was recommended Gnomes and the service was great, they spent hours with me and I actually ended up going down a length as well. They moulded the new boots to remove a couple of painful pressure points and after quite a lot of discussion analysed my feet, pronation and stance, and sorted out custom insoles too. After 3 days skiing (so far) I am still super happy with them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly