• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot heater help!!!

Wolfie

Certified Ski Diva
Hi ladies.
I have some sidas boot heaters. I recently purchased replacement parts and I'm finding it next to impossible to get the batteries plugged in to the insole lead.
Anyone have insight on how to make this easier?!!!

newboots

Angel Diva
Hi @Wolfie - glad to have you here. When you get them working, boot heaters are a joy. My heaters are older Hotronics, so I'm no help. But someone will be!

:welcome:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Sidas. I remember mine being pretty tight when I first got them and a bit of a struggle. It's been a few years, though. I'm surprised you were able to get replacement parts since the Sidas heaters are discontinued in favor of the Therm-ic line. Did you replace the batteries or the heating elements?

Wolfie

Certified Ski Diva
I have Sidas. I remember mine being pretty tight when I first got them and a bit of a struggle. It's been a few years, though. I'm surprised you were able to get replacement parts since the Sidas heaters are discontinued in favor of the Therm-ic line. Did you replace the batteries or the heating elements?
I replaced both. I was trying to get just batteries but had to replace the heating elements too.
I'm in Canada, so maybe we still have some stock or availability. I replaced them at the end of last year.
Kind of wishing I'd gotten ones with Bluetooth!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I replaced both. I was trying to get just batteries but had to replace the heating elements too.
I'm in Canada, so maybe we still have some stock or availability. I replaced them at the end of last year.
Kind of wishing I'd gotten ones with Bluetooth!
I'll be curious to see a photo, but if I had to guess I would assume it's just super snug because it's all new.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, that looks about par for the course for new. As far as the wires go, grip the solid part with the symbol with your thumb and fingers to help force it in. That's where I hold the wire. Also, make sure you're pushing it in straight. I found if I got it sorta off-kilter like you have it there it wouldn't go in so well. Not sure if that's what @Jilly meant by keep the pins straight?

Jilly

Staff member
I have a Thermic set of batteries and when you look at the 4 wires, one wire is out of alignment. The batteries would not charge.

Wolfie

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah, that looks about par for the course for new. As far as the wires go, grip the solid part with the symbol with your thumb and fingers to help force it in. That's where I hold the wire. Also, make sure you're pushing it in straight. I found if I got it sorta off-kilter like you have it there it wouldn't go in so well. Not sure if that's what @Jilly meant by keep the pins straight?
Yes, I've been doing that and the micro wiggle.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I've been doing that and the micro wiggle.
It's annoying... you reminded me what a PITA they can be when new. lol I often had to have my husband get the plugs in and out of the batteries early on until things loosened up.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I just bought a second set of batteries and they were darn near impossible to plug into the charger. Ya’ll are starting to make me wish I had just bought new bluetooth ones instead! They are a pain!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly