• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Gloves for Kids?

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know if something similar to Boot Gloves exist for kids' sizes? My 8 year old (shoe size 2-2.5) frequently suffers from painful, frozen toes. We wear regular socks to the mountain and change into ski socks right before heading out to avoid pre-mountain sweat, often change into fresh socks during lunch and take our boot liners out of the shells to dry overnight (sometimes even in a dryer). Toe warmers aren't ideal -- they scrunch and can be uncomfortable, and can cause sweating during lunch. I wear Boot Gloves and absolutely love them, but can't find anything that would fit my kiddo's feet.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know if anything that small exists, but doe you you anybody with some basic sewing skills? All they really are is neoprene and some straps.... Should be pretty simple to replicate. If you can't find any small enough, I would see if you could find somebody local who does custom sewing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I mostly made sure my daughter had her core kept warm when her feet were too small for Boot Gloves. That included wearing a vest even though she really didn't like vests at that stage.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know if anything that small exists, but doe you you anybody with some basic sewing skills? All they really are is neoprene and some straps.... Should be pretty simple to replicate. If you can't find any small enough, I would see if you could find somebody local who does custom sewing.

I may have to go this route. I was thinking of buying the smallest size they have and doctoring them. Thanks!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair for size 21/22. Made by BootGlove. They ARE available in junior sizes, but maybe not listed as such. I never use mine if you'd like them.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair for size 21/22. Made by BootGlove. They ARE available in junior sizes, but maybe not listed as such. I never use mine if you'd like them.

Just seeing this for some reason. Thank you so much. I got my kiddo a small and they are perfect. Here's to warm feet!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget that old skiers' trick of spraying antiperspirant on your feet. Wet feet are cold feet. Keeping them dry is key.

Jilly

Staff member
Then you never had Lange boots!! Between the leaking toe dam and no breatheability..sweat and cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna