• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot fitter in NY

NYskier0010

Diva in Training
Have been skiing with my family for 6 years now, and while my teens are confident black Diamond skiers, I have never advanced past greens/gentlest of blues bc I feel semi out of control on a steeper hill. Lessons and years of experience are not helping so it’s past time to address my boots: no matter how I tighten it, pad it, or have the ski shop adjust the lining, my right ankle feels loose, my heel moves all around & my right ski feels unresponsive. I’ve been told I need a boot fitter to help, but can’t find one in NY…? We go to Belleayre/Gore/Whiteface, so any place around there would work, or I’ll drive at this point — it’s gone on for too long! And thanks for reading this post — it’s also too long…

newboots

Angel Diva
I live in the Hudson Valley and drive to Vermont (Nick’s Bootfitting) near Mt. Snow. Also, Windham has a good reputation for their boot lab.

newboots

Angel Diva
Oh! When I replied to you earlier, I wasn’t paying attention and I thought you were @NYSnowflake !

You’re new here! So allow me to also say we are glad you’re here, and welcome to the forum!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have been skiing with my family for 6 years now, and while my teens are confident black Diamond skiers, I have never advanced past greens/gentlest of blues bc I feel semi out of control on a steeper hill. Lessons and years of experience are not helping so it’s past time to address my boots: no matter how I tighten it, pad it, or have the ski shop adjust the lining, my right ankle feels loose, my heel moves all around & my right ski feels unresponsive. I’ve been told I need a boot fitter to help, but can’t find one in NY…? We go to Belleayre/Gore/Whiteface, so any place around there would work, or I’ll drive at this point — it’s gone on for too long! And thanks for reading this post — it’s also too long…
Welcome! Have you looked in the East boot fitter thread?

Also info in the NYSkiBlog.

newboots

Angel Diva
There is a thread in the Gear section that lists bootfitters that folks have recommended by geography - worth checking out.

Call first! Usually a good bootfitter requires an apppointment.

NYskier0010

Diva in Training
Welcome! Have you looked in the East boot fitter thread?

Also info in the NYSkiBlog.

Thanks! Have an appointment next week at Boot Lab, so happy to be finally addressing my knock-kneed, duck-footed issues

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Go see Garrick at Steiners in Valatie. He did a great job for me and I have bunions. He is a certified master boot fitter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly