• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Bag on amazon?

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
We have transpacks (like most of the people at our local hill). I’m shopping for a replacement and then I’m handing mine down to one of my kids. I find transpacks too bulky for cubbies and cramped inside. But, the smartest thing I did was to buy durable, unique luggage tags for everyone in our family to distinguish our bags from the others - many bags look similar, especially on a busy day in the lodge. Ours have vintage ski posters on the front and our initials printed on the back. The tags have stopped others from accidentally grabbing our bags and it makes it easy for us to find them at the end of the day. It’s also great for my middle schoolers ski bus days, where every kid seems to grab the first bag they see off the bus. There are tons of options on Etsy and Zazzle. Mine look like this: https://www.zazzle.com/vintage_ski_poster_ski_jumper_and_pine_trees_luggage_tag-256402616677738175

asherz515

Certified Ski Diva

Jilly

Staff member
Personally I don't like the boots inside the bag for my day trip bag. I bought a promotional bag from Tremblant years ago. It's perfect. Boots go on the outside, stuff on the inside. Put it in a cubby last weekend by scrunching it up and sliding in. I had just about everything out of it.

I like the boots on the outside as they usually have snow and/or water on them. This way nothing gets dirty inside the bag.

For plane travel...whole different thing.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Ours are probably too triangle-y for you but they are heavy duty, relatively inexpensive, and have held up well over the years. HighnSoerra brand. I just googled and they have some good prices.

Plus, I can fit all this and a little more in one, so they’re perfect for our weekend driving trips. Boots go in the outside compartments, enclosed, but with drain holes.

5A1C40BA-4F4A-44EC-B9AA-80F8950D8A1C.jpeg

After I took this pic I added the toiletries, so the helmet is now hanging off the straps but it can fit inside if I pack right. It's possible to cram it in a locker, but not easily. And I haven’t tried it as a carry on because we have rolling/backpack bags for that. This is for our driving weekends. It does fit in the cubbies at our hills, too.

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
I ended up buying a Dakine bag on amazon and used it this weekend in Stratton. Perfect fit for everything I needed. I didn't end up skiing Saturday since we got in late on Friday and we were supposed to ski yesterday, but the roads to Stratton were terrible and my bf didn't bring his goggles and didn't want to pay for a new pair. I did use it to carry our winter clothing to the sunbowl lodge to go snowmobiling though and it worked perfectly.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I ended up buying a Dakine bag on amazon and used it this weekend in Stratton. Perfect fit for everything I needed. I didn't end up skiing Saturday since we got in late on Friday and we were supposed to ski yesterday, but the roads to Stratton were terrible and my bf didn't bring his goggles and didn't want to pay for a new pair. I did use it to carry our winter clothing to the sunbowl lodge to go snowmobiling though and it worked perfectly.
Which Dakine bag did you get? My daughter and I both have the Dakine 50L boot backpack. We love that it holds everything and fits as a carry-on for airline travel. I traveled for years with it with no issues but over the Diva West trip it got damaged and I didn't realize quickly enough to file a JetBlue claim. As a courtesy JetBlue gave me a $50 airline credit and now I am inquiring with Dakine about how to repair. Fingers crossed!

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
Which Dakine bag did you get? My daughter and I both have the Dakine 50L boot backpack. We love that it holds everything and fits as a carry-on for airline travel. I traveled for years with it with no issues but over the Diva West trip it got damaged and I didn't realize quickly enough to file a JetBlue claim. As a courtesy JetBlue gave me a $50 airline credit and now I am inquiring with Dakine about how to repair. Fingers crossed!

I got the 50L one too, I love how it fits everything. Good to know that I'll be able to take it as a carry on in case I want to travel with it.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I got the 50L one too, I love how it fits everything. Good to know that I'll be able to take it as a carry on in case I want to travel with it.
It is a great travel boot bag. I don't often check my boots but did on this most recent trip because it was a direct flight. Now that one of my straps/buckles got eaten by what I expect was the conveyor belt, in the future if I was going to check I would clip the chest clip and secure the flapping length on the shoulder straps somehow (I will be pondering this) before handing it over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly