• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Bag on amazon?

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
Hi All! I'm looking for a good quality boot bag (currently don't have boots, but hopefully in the future I can get a pair) that will fit a helmet and ski pants. I've seen a few on amazon, but I need some recommendations. I'm not a huge fan of the ones that are triangle shaped, more so ones that look like an actual backpack. Looking for something in the less than $100 range. Your help is much appreciated!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Buton Booter, but it looks like the only colour left on Amazon is a camo print.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the patterns on the athalon, but I feel like the shape of it wouldn't fit into the lockers at my local resort

Yes it’s definitely got more structure than the Kulkea but if it’s empty you can scrunch it into a standard locker no problem. It doesn’t have to stay bulky/ boxy.

Btw - it’s also very heavy duty. The material is not thin like other more expensive bags. A heavy canvas. Would not be afraid of setting it down on wet slush or anything.

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
Yes it’s definitely got more structure than the Kulkea but if it’s empty you can scrunch it into a standard locker no problem. It doesn’t have to stay bulky/ boxy.

Btw - it’s also very heavy duty. The material is not thin like other more expensive bags. A heavy canvas. Would not be afraid of setting it down on wet slush or anything.

If I put my regular snow boots that I use to walk to and from the parking lot to the lodge, would it be too bulky for the locker you think?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually have no problem doing that with a standard locker. (Eg 12-15 inches tall, maybe 8-9 wide and 12-15 deep?) but if you are talking a smaller locker for a purse then that might be an issue. Sometimes I just put the bag in empty, and then put the boots in. There is usually enough give to smoosh everything in.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I went from a transpack to an Athalon this season, and really love it. I can fit so much more for trips to the mountain. I think you can squish it up quite a bit once boots, helmet, etc. are on you and out of it.

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
I went from a transpack to an Athalon this season, and really love it. I can fit so much more for trips to the mountain. I think you can squish it up quite a bit once boots, helmet, etc. are on you and out of it.

It seems those are the most popular judging by the cafeteria at my local resort. They all just put their bags on chairs and then come lunch time every chair is taken and you're forced to eat outside.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually have no problem doing that with a standard locker. (Eg 12-15 inches tall, maybe 8-9 wide and 12-15 deep?) but if you are talking a smaller locker for a purse then that might be an issue. Sometimes I just put the bag in empty, and then put the boots in. There is usually enough give to smoosh everything in.
Now that I think of it I can usually fit both my kids boots in too. So should be fine if it’s just your stuff

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Dakine makes a nice boot bag that is more vertical in shape than wide (i.e., Transpack, Athalon). I've had several, and this latest one holds helmet in top zip compartment. Lots of room for other stuff.
However, I have no idea if it's still made or where to get it. :frown:
Might be worth a google search.

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
Dakine makes a nice boot bag that is more vertical in shape than wide (i.e., Transpack, Athalon). I've had several, and this latest one holds helmet in top zip compartment. Lots of room for other stuff.
However, I have no idea if it's still made or where to get it. :frown:
Might be worth a google search.

That's the one I'm most interested in right now actually, I've had it in my amazon cart but I kinda wanted to see if anyone has used that one. Good to know you enjoy it!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
It seems those are the most popular judging by the cafeteria at my local resort. They all just put their bags on chairs and then come lunch time every chair is taken and you're forced to eat outside.

Same at our local hill....it’s irritating. (But it’s a convenient way to compare boot bags!)

Tvan

Angel Diva
@Mary Tee - i can fit boots, helmet, 2 pairs of gloves, hat, gaiter, extra fleece, extra base layers, goggles, hand warmers, and various other small items plus a snack. Its about the same volume as my kulkea powder, but more comfortable to carry and it fits in the cubbies at themountain. I’ve flown with it as carry on... i slid my ipad and a change of skivvies into it along with a toothbrush... in addition to ski stuff.

Sparky

Angel Diva
I got the Dakine bag prob about 5 years ago and it’s been great. I don’t usually take it to my local hill but use it more for traveling because it holds a lot. But when I do travel and take it to the hill, I’m usually able to stuff it in a locker with my snow boots in there. If you shop around you may find a past season color/pattern you like better than what’s on Amazon, and maybe on sale. This is the one I have, pretty simple.

ED6875F9-16A2-4866-9E44-9337D5543A9F.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna