• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot bag/backpacks - Kulkea Powder Trekker?

One of the fun aspects of Diva East yesterday was to see what gear everyone was using. One Diva praised her boot bag/backpack so I did some research and I *think* she was referring to a Kulkea bag, perhaps the Powder Trekker Ski Boot bag (52L). What is your favorite boot bag and if you use this one, how do you like it? It's more low profile than my Transpack, but the helmet would be outside with the retractable helmet sling, not sure how that would work with overhead bins if I were flying to my ski destination.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm shocked no one has posted yet as I know there are a few Diva's with this backpack -
And yes it will not fit on an airplane, but I don't think there are many heated boot bags that will. I finally caved in and bought this after hearing so many good comments at my local shop from random customers and shop employees who had this bag. At first I thought this would be "too big" but I realize that I can actually fit either two size 22.5 ski boots in the bag and /or possibly my DH's boots with mine in the center. I normally walk out of my condo to a shuttle, but I will say having the heated boots has been amazing. I have used this for driving to my "sister" mountain and easily booting up in the parking lot - this is where pre-heating one pair and putting them in the middle and then having another pair on the outside heating on the way to the mountain would result in two warm footed skiers :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have the POWDER Trekker, not the Thermal Trekker, and it does fit in the overhead on a plane. I pack my helmet in my suit case, though, and use the main compartment of the boot bag for ski clothes.

I have the POWDER Trekker, not the Thermal Trekker, and it does fit in the overhead on a plane. I pack my helmet in my suit case, though, and use the main compartment of the boot bag for ski clothes.

Good thinking, you can always buy a helmet but tougher to buy ski clothes if luggage is delayed.... I don't need a heated boot bag so I was looking at the Powder Trekker. @skidiva, do you use the helmet sling when walking to the lodge from your car?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Good thinking, you can always buy a helmet but tougher to buy ski clothes if luggage is delayed.... I don't need a heated boot bag so I was looking at the Powder Trekker. @skidiva, do you use the helmet sling when walking to the lodge from your car?

Occasionally. Usually I just put it in the center compartment. Once in a while, if I have a lot of stuff, I use the sling.

mustski

Angel Diva
You might not 'need' a heated boot bag but really, everyone 'deserves' a heated boot bag.....:becky:
Once you go heated, you'll never go back! I have 2 heated boot bags - the Kulkea thermal trekker and an Athelon heated bag which is smaller and fits better in tight overhead compartments. Some airlines are pickier than others. My boots have always been hard to get on when cold and warmed boots are easy!

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the Kulkea Book Trekker 70L bag this season and love it. I was using a smaller Athalon bag from Amazon and found it too small. I usually put my helmet in the center compartment , but when I have a lot of stuff (like super cold days when I bring more layers than usual), I’ll use the sling. It’s convenient to have the option.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I gave the powder Trekker but no longer travel on planes with it as feels like a piano on my back walking around airports. It actually fit in the overhead on a small United flight out of mammoth regional airport.
I now have a rolling Sport tube boot bag. Much better for me. The Trekker is only used for car travel and storage

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna