• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Booster Straps with Hotronics

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm thinking about using booster straps, I've actually used them in the past so I plan to potentially move them over from the old boot I still have that they are installed on. However, I can't for the life of me recall how I used my Hotronics on them.. I literally cannot ski without my Hotronics because my feet turn into a bock of ice, so that's not an option. For anyone who has booster straps and also uses Hotronics, how do you attach them and which brackets do you use? I currently have the aftermarket clip brackets that go on your power strap and greatly prefer them to the clips that come with the batteries originally because they are much more secure.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have booster straps and hotronics, as well as the after market clips you mention. The clips are on the booster straps. It works just fine. Your ski shop should be able to install them, no problem.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have booster straps and hotronics, as well as the after market clips you mention. The clips are on the booster straps. It works just fine. Your ski shop should be able to install them, no problem.

Ohh okay, this is good to know! Do you have the booster installed upside down by any chance, so it pulls to the inside versus outside? I thought for some reason that the metal piece on the outside of the strap would interfere with the Hotronics bracket (at least where I currently have mine positioned). Maybe this is a problem made up in my mind and not actually an issue though, which would be great! :smile:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the strap and original clip hotronics set up. I actually wear mine on the inside of the boot not the back or exterior, so did not have to install strap with closure to the inside.

I found that the powder cuff catches the battery on the rare occasion that it comes off.

Love both!

Jilly

Staff member
I have the strap and original clip hotronics set up. I actually wear mine on the inside of the boot not the back or exterior, so did not have to install strap with closure to the inside.

I found that the powder cuff catches the battery on the rare occasion that it comes off.

Love both!

Well that would be one way to remind you to keep your feet apart! The batteries would hit each other, even under the pants...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ohh okay, this is good to know! Do you have the booster installed upside down by any chance, so it pulls to the inside versus outside? I thought for some reason that the metal piece on the outside of the strap would interfere with the Hotronics bracket (at least where I currently have mine positioned). Maybe this is a problem made up in my mind and not actually an issue though, which would be great! :smile:

The metal piece is on the inside and the hotronics on the outside. I've never had an issue with any of this; it works just fine.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The metal piece is on the inside and the hotronics on the outside. I've never had an issue with any of this; it works just fine.

Thanks! My old ones have the metal on the outside, but seems they could install it upside down and have them on the inside to avoid this.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jilly You nailed it! That is exactly why I have the hotronics on the inside! The bruises on the inside of my knees tells me the whole story and negative reinforcement is a stronger, albeit more brutal, teacher.

The booster straps come in a variety of tension options from stretchy to very stiff, aka for racers. I love the progressive feel, and most of all love not dealing with nasty stiff velcro. However, if you store your boots up high and the strap unbuckled, please beware. I hit my eyeball with the metal buckle in the locker room as it swung in towards my head, and bloodied the whole eyeball! I was back teaching by 10:30 am after a quick visit to the ER.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@Jilly You nailed it! That is exactly why I have the hotronics on the inside! The bruises on the inside of my knees tells me the whole story and negative reinforcement is a stronger, albeit more brutal, teacher.

The booster straps come in a variety of tension options from stretchy to very stiff, aka for racers. I love the progressive feel, and most of all love not dealing with nasty stiff velcro. However, if you store your boots up high and the strap unbuckled, please beware. I hit my eyeball with the metal buckle in the locker room as it swung in towards my head, and bloodied the whole eyeball! I was back teaching by 10:30 am after a quick visit to the ER.

Ouch!!!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! My old ones have the metal on the outside, but seems they could install it upside down and have them on the inside to avoid this.
I always have my Hotronic batteries clipped on the outside of the Booster, with the Booster's metal thing on the inside. You'll have trouble tightening the Booster's trap if you have the metal on the inside. You need to pull that strap on the outside of your leg to get it tight. Well, I do.

If the bootfitter installs it so that the Hotronic batteries are in the way, have the bootfitter do it again. This is not hard to get right, but I have had a bootfitter flub it up once.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aftermarket clips; Booster strap upside-down and batteries on the outside of my legs. Cam buckle for the straps is on the inside of my legs. Easy-peasy. Everything tucks under my pant cuffs.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Aftermarket clips; Booster strap upside-down and batteries on the outside of my legs. Cam buckle for the straps is on the inside of my legs. Easy-peasy. Everything tucks under my pant cuffs.

This is what I was imagining, thanks for confirming!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Booster installed the normal way and attach the battery pack right next to the metal buckle at about 10 o’clock on my leg. I put the attachment between the two layers of elastic on the booster, which holds it really well.

Christy

Angel Diva
Divas to the rescue!

My husband was installing my new Hotronics today and got stumped as to where the best spot for the batteries was with a booster strap, so he Googled Hotronics and Booster Strap...and this thread was the first result. He liked @contesstant's suggestion so we are going with that (my Booster buckles are on the outside). I was surprised to learn the battery is only clipped on, but knowing how much people love these, I guess they don't come off easily? I DO, on my first few runs, unbuckle my boots for the lift ride and the battery packs will give me something to navigate, but I think it will be okay.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too, have both products. I buckle the boosters on the outside of my boot. Depending on the pants I am wearing, I attach the batteries in different locations. Some pants are wider at the bottom and can accommodate the batteries where you prefer; inside leg, outside leg, back, whatever. What I have found that honestly works best for me regardless of pant width is to attach the batteries upside down onto my rolled up baselayers just above the boots. ( I do not allow baselayers inside the boot ) The interior gaiters are pulled over it all just in case a battery comes unclipped. And that has never happened !

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was surprised to learn the battery is only clipped on, but knowing how much people love these, I guess they don't come off easily?
I use these aftermarket clips to hold those batteries to my booster straps

Hotronic Slide Strap Brackets​

2cb38165-70c0-436b-91ee-dc76531ed8f7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly