• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boho Chic...Ski Clothing?!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In yesterday’s mail was the new Gorsuch catalog. I’ve never purchased from them but got on their mailing list a couple years ago. I LOVE the winter catalog because it makes me giggle. If there was ever a time I needed to dress head to toe in colored aluminum foil or tundra chic, I want to look as good as those models do!

newboots

Angel Diva
I saw someone at the shop (near Okemo) yesterday wearing something not-quite-Free People. Super-shiny parka, fur around the hood, and super-shiny white boots. She was speaking another language, gathering her family together to leave. The other clerk said, after she left, "Now that's money."

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@bsskier thank you for the heads up on the Grouch catalog - while I won't wear metallic, I did find something in the catalog that I had been wondering about........ All the talk about Merino Wool underwear got me thinking about my favorite 'wool' -- Cashmere. I really am a Cashmere Slut. (especially fine vintage sweaters).

I wondered why no one was making anything from Cashmere (the warmest wool) and lo and behold that darn Grouch Catalog referenced Uyn Sports Cashmere underwear!!!!!!
I went directly to the source:
https://www.uynsports.com/en_us/uyn-fusyon-cashmere-lady-underwear-pants-medium/#j248

I was even more excited to see SM/MED size which tends to be me util I realized I was actually on the line for the XS and the SM/MED.
Nonetheless, I will need to look into the Cashmere blend offerings (OK, its only part Cashmere) ..... and wonder what super power the V on the front of the leggings bestow.... LOL

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a few of those silver ski jackets seen at Big Sky last season! One looked like it was made of Jiffy Pop foil. Before then, I’d never seen very opulent ski outfits at Big Sky.

Today, I looked on the webcam and saw a skier go by wearing a bubble gum color pink, almost satin, jacket and shiny silver pants. My guess is these are not skiers from Yellowstone Club or other private clubs we have. The affluent in Big Sky are hardly noticeable. Still, I think it’s great to when people dress to the nines to ski. Makes for good people watching.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
In yesterday’s mail was the new Gorsuch catalog. I’ve never purchased from them but got on their mailing list a couple years ago. I LOVE the winter catalog because it makes me giggle. If there was ever a time I needed to dress head to toe in colored aluminum foil or tundra chic, I want to look as good as those models do!
I got the Gorsuch catalog yesterday as well. Actually, I have ordered some things from them that were on sale. Most things in the catalog I would never wear, but some are quite nice. There is a huge Gorsuch store in Aspen IIRC.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This piqued my interest so I went to your link. My first thought is, if these ever went on sale, I’d probably cave and purchase. My second thought is why are the men’s baselayer $35 less? Don’t they require more....fabric?
@bsskier thank you for the heads up on the Grouch catalog - while I won't wear metallic, I did find something in the catalog that I had been wondering about........ All the talk about Merino Wool underwear got me thinking about my favorite 'wool' -- Cashmere. I really am a Cashmere Slut. (especially fine vintage sweaters).

I wondered why no one was making anything from Cashmere (the warmest wool) and lo and behold that darn Grouch Catalog referenced Uyn Sports Cashmere underwear!!!!!!
I went directly to the source:
https://www.uynsports.com/en_us/uyn-fusyon-cashmere-lady-underwear-pants-medium/#j248

I was even more excited to see SM/MED size which tends to be me util I realized I was actually on the line for the XS and the SM/MED.
Nonetheless, I will need to look into the Cashmere blend offerings (OK, its only part Cashmere) ..... and wonder what super power the V on the front of the leggings bestow.... LOL

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@bsskier go to the winter / and make sure its the FusYon Cashmere they are same price...
$260 top $208 full pants, the women only have the $185 3/4 pant
the men don't get the extra V ....
permaloft and cashmere have to be warm.....

Can I just say that Cashmere takes the chill off the beach cold air like nothing else....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Can I just say that Cashmere takes the chill off the beach cold air like nothing else....
Isn't that the truth? Big fan of cashmere....... still have a really nice black turtleneck 3 ply cashmere sweater my mom bought me decades ago. No pilling at all. Still looks new. Cashmere not as high quality as it used to be but still uber warm.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@bsskier go to the winter / and make sure its the FusYon Cashmere they are same price...
$260 top $208 full pants, the women only have the $185 3/4 pant
the men don't get the extra V ....
permaloft and cashmere have to be warm.....

Got it. Thanks! I only wear 3/4 length. Who knew 3/4 could be such a bargain! :rotf:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huge Gorsuch (Grouch!) store in Aspen. Just where that photo was taken. Superb people watching there. There’s so much to love about Aspen/Snowmass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna