• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Blizzard or Santa Ana’s?

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
Yep! The Mindbenders are mounted at -10cm vs -7 on the Sheevas. It’ll give you more stability at speed vs the forward mounts (which help make it super easy to turn and makes it more surfy and smeary). The Mindbenders also have less rocker, longer turn radius, and stiffer flex that’ll add to the perceived length.

That’s a sweet quiver!

Thank you, and thanks for the info. I'm thinking of moving the bindings back on the Sheevas by 2 cm. Do you think that's a reasonable amount? It's fun learning all this technical stuff, expecially when it explains things that you experience on the skis.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Santa Ana 88 lost a sheet of metal. As @contesstant said, when we skied them back to back, we couldn't really tell that it lost a sheet of metal.

The lengths in the 93 definitely made a difference.
So in the 93's, the change is from a 161 to say a 158? 3 cm shorter make that much of a difference ? Or would it feel the same?

Re: the Mindbenders - I demoed them in Taos in a 156 and found them nice on groomers but too much work in the bumps...

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So in the 93's, the change is from a 161 to say a 158? 3 cm shorter make that much of a difference ? Or would it feel the same?

Re: the Mindbenders - I demoed them in Taos in a 156 and found them nice on groomers but too much work in the bumps...
The mindbenders are a little more serious. The Santa Anas are a little more playful.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I have the Blizzard Viva 810ti which is the 2015 version of your Quattro 8.0 Ca. Mine have titanal and yours have carbon; yours are less stiff than mine, but should still be a pretty stable ski and not feel squirrelly. Do you think the length is off for you? Mine are 167 and ski like they are supposed to, I just prefer a livelier ski. I am on a quest for one that is super stable, holds a great edge on ice, and is a bit lively. Wish me luck!
My Quattros are 168, right in the middle but perhaps slightly shorter than what I need for my height and weight. I opted for non-Ti so not too stiff and heavy on my legs. I guess I must be used to my Kores because the Quattro's are actually lighter when I compared them today. Snow contact length when laying flat is about 3cm longer in the Quattro's and it's all in the tail where the rocker is less pronounced. So I think it's a combo of lighter weight and longer tail contact that leaves me feeling uneasy as I'm going into the turn. I think I just need to spend a day playing with them before I make the decision whether or not to sell them this fall. I do like the narrower waist for quick edge changes and easier carving.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't want to put words in your post, but....
When we talked, I think we both thought the difference in sheets of metal (2021 having one sheet) didn't make as much of a difference as the change in wheelbase and options in lengths.
That's how I felt, anyway. Did I understand you correctly?
Yes. To me, the 165 skied the same as the 169 used to.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Nela by Stockli is the new women's line. A tad bit less serious than the Stormrider Motion. I want a a pair! :drool:

I skied the 2020-2021 Stockli Nela 88 in the 160 length on demo day out west. I’m with you. I very badly want own a pair. Given the fact I don’t own skis, nor do I really want to deal with all the necessary housekeeping of ownership, this ski may have changed my mind. Stockli should consider sending a pair to Florida and I’d start an Instagram for its travels, resting under the palm trees, seated at the dinner table, etc. I wub them.

UtahDesert

Certified Ski Diva
An instagram for an idle pair of skis! I like that. My new Rossis could move around the house, lean against my desk chair with the background of bookshelves I use for meetings, hang out on the deck as the flowers bud in the backyard, rock on the front porch swing, be tucked under the bed covers...

newboots

Angel Diva
An instagram for an idle pair of skis! I like that. My new Rossis could move around the house, lean against my desk chair with the background of bookshelves I use for meetings, hang out on the deck as the flowers bud in the backyard, rock on the front porch swing, be tucked under the bed covers...

You do love those skis, don’t you! :love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly