• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blizzard Lanches Women2Women Education Scholarship

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love this from Blizzard! What a great idea. They continue to impress me with their commitment to the women's ski community.

Anyone from here want to apply?

Blizzard Tecnica Launches Women2Women Education Scholarship

The program aims to empower women in skiing and grow the community of passionate, female skiers.

West Lebanon, NH (November 15, 2020) -- Blizzard Tecnica is proud to announce their inaugural scholarship for women looking to advance their education in snowsports - the Women2Women Education Scholarship. Whether applicants are interested in ski instruction, avalanche safety, health/wellness or other related coursework, the program application parameters are intentionally relaxed, as to encourage all women skiers to pursue their individual professional goals. The grants awarded will include coursework fees along with a pair of Blizzard skis and Tecnica boots.

Blizzard Tecnica’s Women2Women (W2W) program is widely considered one of the most committed women’s programs in skiing, closely and continually evaluating women’s products, needs, and lifestyles as they pertain to skiing.

“One of the key pillars of the W2W program is Education,” explained Blizzard Tecnica’s Global W2W Project Leader, Leslie Baker-Brown. “By helping women advance their careers in skiing, we’re not only helping them as individuals, but all of the girls and women they affect through their work. It’s imperative to bringing more women into skiing and empowering them to use their voice on and off the hill.”

Applications will be accepted here from November 15 to December 31, 2020, at which time Baker-Brown and an international team involved with the W2W program will review all entries and award a number of grants dependent on applications received. Winners will be alerted on January 8, 2021 with funds and products awarded thereafter.

Last edited:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I want to apply to one of these women or BIPOC-oriented scholarships sometime for the connections and learning opportunities, but it is not right or fair for me to try for the money when there are many needy and deserving applicants. (In no way, shape or form should I be awarded financial aid if financial need is a consideration.) Once I get more experience coaching adaptive snowboarding (and hey, maybe I’ll improve my skiing enough to coach adaptive skiing), maybe I could approach one of these scholarship organizations and ask to be included but for the funds to be reallocated to someone else!

Although if I re-read my sentence, it sounds like I would be buying my seat... Argh! What is a non-connected office nerd with a passion for snow supposed to do?!

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ilovepugs - definitely get involved with women's organizations that give out scholarships! My friend started the SheJumps Snow Pack Scholarship, and an other launched Isella Outdoors with the goal of combatting toxic gear culture by creating a marketplace for used gear, and using the proceeds to fund gear scholarships. I've volunteered with both.

It's a lot of work to build the surveys, compile results, score them, and coordinate with winners for their gear or class. And the listing and fulfillment process is 100% volunteer driven at Isella since the site is so new. And I'm sure they're not the only 2 orgs doing this kind of work!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to apply to one of these women or BIPOC-oriented scholarships sometime for the connections and learning opportunities, but it is not right or fair for me to try for the money when there are many needy and deserving applicants. (In no way, shape or form should I be awarded financial aid if financial need is a consideration.) Once I get more experience coaching adaptive snowboarding (and hey, maybe I’ll improve my skiing enough to coach adaptive skiing), maybe I could approach one of these scholarship organizations and ask to be included but for the funds to be reallocated to someone else!

Although if I re-read my sentence, it sounds like I would be buying my seat... Argh! What is a non-connected office nerd with a passion for snow supposed to do?!

I just read this post and thought you might be interested in the first BIPOC womens ski (hopefully snowboard in the future too) camp in Jackson Hole this year. While it is too late as it starts tomorrow, you are welcome to reach out and I can give you more info for next year. My mentor who is putting it on with sponsorship from Osprey ansld Outdoor Research is hoping to help more leaders emerge that can make skiing and mountain pursuits more accessible for all women. One of the 5 participants just completed her level 1 PSIA certification.

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@snoWYmonkey - sounds like you might've met my friend Annette! She just started a scholarship program here in WA for a mini retreat and lessons for BIPOC women. Huge success and she's so good with new students. With Evo, Pit Viper, and Bombas signed on to support, I'm so excited for what her project looks like next year with their partnership and no covid restrictions (hopefully).

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I just read this post and thought you might be interested in the first BIPOC womens ski (hopefully snowboard in the future too) camp in Jackson Hole this year. While it is too late as it starts tomorrow, you are welcome to reach out and I can give you more info for next year. My mentor who is putting it on with sponsorship from Osprey ansld Outdoor Research is hoping to help more leaders emerge that can make skiing and mountain pursuits more accessible for all women. One of the 5 participants just completed her level 1 PSIA certification.
Thank you @snoWYmonkey - I’ll certainly keep that in mind!! I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it to Jackson Hole next season but I’d love to connect with more BIPOC women in outdoor pursuits and that sounds like an awesome experience!!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ilovepugs 1st day completed of 3, and the ladies seem to be loving the camp. I hope it can continue and grow. That is the plan.

Some tears the first evening at meet and greet, and for certain learning of all sorts happening for the 5 campers and 2 coaches on and off snow.

@Analisa Annette is amazing. She was the first camper I met as she was a touch early and I am always early as well. So much heart and enthusiasm and energy for making changes and sharing her passion for mountains with all skiers, especially women. Awesome skier as well.
Here she is with the campers and the coach who created the program. Resized_20210319_150652~2.jpg

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did want to clarify a very important aspect of the camp. It is not organized by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort it is just partly held at the area. It is a project created by Jessica Baker who is an amazing ski instructor and big mountain skier and Backcountry guide who arranges amazing ski camps all over the world every year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly