• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blemishes on top sheets of Volkl skis?

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone noticed blemishes in the finish on the top sheets of Volkl (or other) skis? I just bought a pair of Kenja 88's, and when I picked them up from the shop (got the bindings put on), I noticed various odd blemishes in the finish on top of the skis. Slightly different texture, spots and dots that aren't shiny like the rest of the surface. Not spatter, not wax. Nothing that could scrape off. But not a smooth finish. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm contacting Evo (seller) and Volkl, but wondering if this is something others have seen. Thanks.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! That’s just what it looks like! Topsheet art? You could fool me…. Just looks like some packaging stuck to it and was pulled off. Thanks so much for reassuring me.

Attachments

• 20F46136-6A7C-434A-A78A-E710371B7773.jpeg
    20F46136-6A7C-434A-A78A-E710371B7773.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 12
  • 9E00AB5C-A055-4C73-BFD0-B658FDA152BC.jpeg
    9E00AB5C-A055-4C73-BFD0-B658FDA152BC.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 12

newboots

Angel Diva
That is peculiar artwork, but glad your mystery is solved!

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still skeptical, but looking online I find the same photos Annalisa posted. I have to accept it. As you say, peculiar artwork.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Odd artwork, but excellent ski choice. Have fun on them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly