• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Black Friday

How will you spend Black Friday?

• Shopping

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Skiing

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Visiting Relatives

• Traveling

• None of the above

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
(For the benefit of our members outside the US, "Black Friday" is the popular name for the day after Thanksgiving when the Christmas shopping season traditionally begins.)

Okay, ladies, will you spend Black Friday shopping, skiing, visiting relatives, traveling, or none of the above?

I dislike doing things in crowds, so I'd say no to the first two. And since I don't need to travel home from the holiday and I'm not visiting family, I'd say no to the third & fourth options, as well.

What about you?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How about "Wishin' I was skiing"?:mad: :mad:

BatGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^ What she said. I feel bad for the poor store employees who have to get up at the crack of dawn the day after a holiday just so people can get their holiday shopping started. Some of those crowds can get really rowdy, and it's just not worth. I'll be in NY with my family.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll echo volklgirl!:(
I never ever shop on Black Friday.
My mom and sisters both DO!!
I can't believe the deals they get at 5 AM.

Funny! I'm usually awake and on with my day waaaaay before they are, and on this one day of the year, I WON'T shop with them, but they wake up easily to do this!

I just don't get it!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So here it is Black Friday -- a sunny, snow-free day in Vermont, with temps rising into the 40s. A black day indeed!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ummm . . . Ahem . . . some of us had to work today. :( Do any of you Divas remember work???

Jilly

Staff member
Ah Lola I had to work too, as yesterday wasn't a holiday here in Canada. But I think the retailers are taking their game plan from the US. All the big department type stores have 2 day sales on this weekend. Our local mall has a "tax free" day today and is open till 11pm. It was also a PD day here for the students at all boards and levels, so I can just imagine what the Mall looked like. I'm almost done Christmas shopping as I like to ski in December and I don't need the hassles of finding Christmas presents still. I've still got to bake or cook for Christmas, but we have a really neat store that can do most of it frozen, or there is always Costco. And I don't like getting up early for anything but skiing, so I'm not getting up in the dark to score some deal on an iPod.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly said:
Ah Lola I had to work too, as yesterday wasn't a holiday here in Canada.

Yeah - and we all worked in October on Canadian Thanksgiving day! :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Lola said:
Ummm . . . Ahem . . . some of us had to work today. :( Do any of you Divas remember work???

I try not to think about it. Why ruin a good day?

Jilly

Staff member
Well you all are entitled to a day off. I'll not mentioned that I'm suppose to be skiing this time next week at Tremblant. Maybe I'll have time to post something on Friday after the CSIA convention. They, Tremblant, opened today with 5 runs. 3 ways down to mid-station. Down load on the gondola.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly