• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Black Crows

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also, Camox Birdie has TR of 18.... very different from say Santa Anas with a short TR....... Actually I'm kind of thinking I would like to try a ski with a shorter turning radius and a bit narrower such as sheeva 9 or SantaAna 88 or 93.

Snow Goddess

Diva in Training
I love my Santa Anas but they are my powder ski out in Big Sky. My experience with the Camox Birdies was that they cold turn on a dime. Just an all around fun ski. Prior to the Santa Anas I had Sambas. Another great ski. I get in over 60 days per season so I try to get new skis every 2-3 years at most,

Sparky

Angel Diva

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I thought it was a done deal already! :wink:
Yeah well haven't tried them yet so there's that. And I was interested in a shorter turning radius ski like the Sheeva 9 so there's that.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow fantastic prices happening right now!! Maybe you’ll get to demo still this season with how much snow you all have in CA?
Going to Tahoe on Friday so we'll see if I can get a deal on a demo. They're $80 to demo at Northstar where I'll be staying.....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow, that is pricey! Hope you can find a better deal for sure!
Oh I won't pay that! It's their closing weekend though. So will ski there and then go to Heavenly and/or Mt Rose for a couple days..... Actually Heavenly has the Black Crows but still demos are ridiculous prices...

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the Crows (168) at Ski Fanatics in Campton, NH.

I realize this thread is old - but I'm making a shout out for my local shop! I love those guys so much. They also got me on Crows, and I'm so thankful for that because I love mine! They have the Captis and the Camox to demo this year, I tried the Captis but felt it was stiff and I wanted something playful. They only have the Camox in the larger size so I can't demo it : (

2019 Camox Birdie for $392, available in 156, 165, 174. Too .

UGH! I missed this!! Bummer.

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi,
Sorry to be coming into this post a bit after the fact, but I did just demo the Camox Birdie up in VT (Stratton) yesterday. Crazy spring skiing conditions but got to test them on some ice, as well as soft snow. So, all that was missing was freshies in the trees & some bump skiing (praying for snow) I loved them...so now, the decision. I currently have Yumis (2015) that I do like but have been wanting something a bit more “fun” to take into the trees or onto the bumps on a good day in VT. My Yumis are 161 (I’m 5’4” 120lbs & would say I am aggressive ...until I get to an icy steep, then I feel my Yumis slip/slide or could just be operator error :nono:) I skied the Camox Birdies in a 156, as that’s what the shop had. After loving them, the shop, of course, offered me a deal on the demo setup (which is the 2019 version of the Birdies with Marker Squire bindings) vs the 2020 model .....the woman insisted the 156 would be perfect vs going to the 162. I have also demoed the Volkl Kenja & Secret, but after yesterday on the Crows ...there is no comparison, IMO. I have not demoed the Black Crows Captis Birdie ...and not sure if I should? (Maybe too similar to my Yumis?). So, any input, advices before I take the plunge?? Thanks Divas!!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi,
Sorry to be coming into this post a bit after the fact, but I did just demo the Camox Birdie up in VT (Stratton) yesterday. Crazy spring skiing conditions but got to test them on some ice, as well as soft snow. So, all that was missing was freshies in the trees & some bump skiing (praying for snow) I loved them...so now, the decision. I currently have Yumis (2015) that I do like but have been wanting something a bit more “fun” to take into the trees or onto the bumps on a good day in VT. My Yumis are 161 (I’m 5’4” 120lbs & would say I am aggressive ...until I get to an icy steep, then I feel my Yumis slip/slide or could just be operator error :nono:) I skied the Camox Birdies in a 156, as that’s what the shop had. After loving them, the shop, of course, offered me a deal on the demo setup (which is the 2019 version of the Birdies with Marker Squire bindings) vs the 2020 model .....the woman insisted the 156 would be perfect vs going to the 162. I have also demoed the Volkl Kenja & Secret, but after yesterday on the Crows ...there is no comparison, IMO. I have not demoed the Black Crows Captis Birdie ...and not sure if I should? (Maybe too similar to my Yumis?). So, any input, advices before I take the plunge?? Thanks Divas!!

There is a thread about the Captis. I have those and love them.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the Camox Birdies in a 156 and ski mostly Tahoe. They are a super fun, versatile ski. I'm 5'1 100 ish..
Several other divas have the Camox Birdies as well. I'm interested in trying the Captis too!

lucy

Angel Diva
Hi,
I'm about your weight and height and I'm running the Camox 156 cm this season. For me, the Camox might just be an acceptable one ski quiver for an aggressive skier. Since I'm a little smaller and lighter, the 97 width gives me enough float for 5 to 18 inches of dry powder (repeated testing this past week in Utah) and then I just lean forward to crud bust when the powder is gone. In wet snow, you might prefer something wider and longer. I've found Camox to be quick in the trees and well behaved on skied off and icy patches. I had the same conversation about ski length with the ski rep and he also recommended the 156 length. There are a lot of great deals online on the 2019 Camox. Why not get both of them? :smile: Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna