• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Black Crows Camox Birdies

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes Camox Birdie! But then again, I am in search of a narrower all mountain so maybe the Captis Birdie might be worth a look too??
Yes think the Captis Birdie is around 90 underfoot?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Yes Camox Birdie! But then again, I am in search of a narrower all mountain so maybe the Captis Birdie might be worth a look too??
I was able to demo the Captis but not the Birdie version. The conditions we were skiing were definitely made for the Camox model but the Captis handled them well and then I switched out to the Camox Birdie. I am not sure if it was the wider with or that coupled with the somewhat softer flex, but I preferred the Camox Birdie. I would love to try the Captis Birdie in firm conditions - I expect it handles bumps and trees and softer stuff admirably and with great flair.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BTW, turning radius is 18 on the Camox Birdie - I really like the ski but am still looking for a bit narrower underfoot with a shorter turning radius for bumps/tighter trees.... then I'd be all set.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sparky Mammoth now has the camox and the capris birdie in their high end demos at main.
They also have Ripstick W in 94 and 84, as well as the Black Pearl and others. Planning on a demo day with DD but not during the holiday....

4 days on the Camox Birdies this week, super fun.... !

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@Sparky Mammoth now has the camox and the capris birdie in their high end demos at main.
They also have Ripstick W in 94 and 84, as well as the Black Pearl and others. Planning on a demo day with DD but not during the holiday....

I might need to join you guys at a demo day....

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Elan Ripstick 94 and Blizzard Sheeva 9 are on my list too...wish I could demo at Mammoth and not Loon, lol.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier yes you should. It would be more fun with you and @Sparky. Maybe I just pick the skis for DD LOL.

@lisamamot please try the Ripsticks - I did get on my AT set up yesterday and wow. I can't believe how fun they are on the soft groomers -- they can really carve!!!!

the Camox and the Ripstick will be a tough choice. was thinking about this on drive home last night. Both have good float (I've ridden both in knee deep easy) the real difference is the tail --
Camox twin tip = surfy floaty Ripstick flat tail=easy carve

Sparky

Angel Diva

Yeah that’s great mammoth has the Birdies! Went to demo shop last week to see what they had but they don’t have all the ones on my list. Though I didn’t have the Ripstick on my list. I just feel like I need to demo all at once, same conditions, but I guess that’s just not realistic. Keeping my fingers crossed for Loon this Friday.

@santacruz skier come to mammoth so we can demo together!

Though I know better than to buy skis without demoing, I can’t help but think I missed out on a good deal here... :cry:

32008A03-4EB9-460F-BED2-FD1E0B177C18.jpeg

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Sheeeevvaaaa... :becky:
OK, you keep plugging that and I may need to take the plunge even if I cannot demo! Hopefully if I can't get on the Sheeva I can try the Rustler. Enable me, lol.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah that’s great mammoth has the Birdies! Went to demo shop last week to see what they had but they don’t have all the ones on my list. Though I didn’t have the Ripstick on my list. I just feel like I need to demo all at once, same conditions, but I guess that’s just not realistic. Keeping my fingers crossed for Loon this Friday.

@santacruz skier come to mammoth so we can demo together!

Though I know better than to buy skis without demoing, I can’t help but think I missed out on a good deal here... :cry:

View attachment 9713
@ $399 wow ..........

MissySki

Angel Diva
Think it was Mammoth as she sent me text asking if they are my skis....
Mine are from 2017 and um purple. Same ski though!

Ah, a bit far for me!

I saw someone with the purple the day I was demoing, actually prefer the topsheet, have had no luck finding any previous year medels for sale though.

Sparky

Angel Diva
Yes that was a shop in Mammoth just back in October! And it was 156 (ish?) which is prob my size. @santacruz skier what size do you have? Do they ski longer or shorter than saffron?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What size do you need in the event one of us comes across some?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes that was a shop in Mammoth just back in October! And it was 156 (ish?) which is prob my size. @santacruz skier what size do you have? Do they ski longer or shorter than saffron?
I have 156 and they are shorter than the Saffron (162?) but don't feel short. If that makes sense.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
It does! Don't know your stats but the Black Pearl 88 comes to mind and you can certainly grow with it...
I’m 5’2” and about 120 lbs. I already have the Black Pearl 88 on my list of skis to demo. After seeing this thread I did some research into Black Crows and I’m thinking I’ll add Vertis and Captis to my list to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly