• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bindings for Pow Skis?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Btw, I understand the Look Pivots are great, but can be though to get into in deep powder?
Not sure, this will be my first pair of Pivots. I think getting back into skis in deep powder is a PITA no matter your ski/binding haha.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm under the impression you can go up by 20mm, but that may be inadvisable. 10mm no problem. It's better to have a narrower brake than wider if you can get away with it, because it's less likely to snag on your pants or whatever else.
I'd always heard no more than 10mm. Anyway, with that in mind, I'd get the 12s for that great price and be happy. It's tempting to pick up a pair for the Sheevas I'm going to get this season (so I wish:becky:.)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Definitely want to try the Sheevas as I really like the Samba but everything I've read about the Sheevas sounds like so much fun.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I'd always heard no more than 10mm. Anyway, with that in mind, I'd get the 12s for that great price and be happy. I

100% agree. I've heard 10mm as well, also have heard 5, heard 8, depends on who you talk to. Personally, 5mm is probably the most I'd go smaller than my ski size, and 10mm larger. The advertised waist measurement is at the waist, whereas the brake generally goes behind the narrowest part of the ski, adding a mm or two to your measurement. Not much, but when you're measuring in mm, each one counts.

I'd stick with Attack 12 and 110mm binding.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
100% agree. I've heard 10mm as well, also have heard 5, heard 8, depends on who you talk to. Personally, 5mm is probably the most I'd go smaller than my ski size, and 10mm larger. The advertised waist measurement is at the waist, whereas the brake generally goes behind the narrowest part of the ski, adding a mm or two to your measurement. Not much, but when you're measuring in mm, each one counts.

I'd stick with Attack 12 and 110mm binding.
Yeah, I'm the same at 5mm being my limit, too.

Sparky

Angel Diva
I've seen worse.

That being said, personally I'd see how cheap I can get the Attack 13s in a different color. If it's more than .... *thinking* .... probably $20 difference, I'd say go with the cheaper ones regardless of color.

Edit...And actually that color combo it's that bad...doesn't the Big Joy have that "mint" color as an accent color?
The 2017 has the mint in it so the bindings match ok (see pic). I got the 2016 but I did just realize that the outline of the honeycomb pattern on the skis is mint, as well as the sides of the ski (though both barely noticeable). And for the price difference, I think it'll be fine. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

Sparky

Angel Diva
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think getting a neutral (white) and not really matching color isn't worth the extra $70. I could use that towards something else, like maybe a new ski jacket! :becky:

Thanks all for your input!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna