• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bindings advice

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hated the Squires (2018, retail version) because they were so damn hard to click into. No issues with releasing early but bear in mind I only ski at a DIN of 5-6. Weirdly, I didn't mind skiing them on demos in 2019 so maybe this was a problem with 2018? I quite like my Atomic Warden 11s (MNC) which are the 2019 ones, but I would say that if you're not the demographic that has issues with the Squires, and you aren't having any issues, then there's no need to replace them.

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad I found this forum! If I believed what I heard on r/skiing, the squires are bad news. Based on what everyone has said, I'm now definitely thinking they're fine for a someone my size/ability. I think I'll probably stick with them on the Pandoras, since I'm used to them.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had Squires on skis for years and I never had an issue with durability and have also never had an issue snapping in. If I remember properly, snap-in issues were more prevalent with small boot sizes; I wear a 25.5 and at 5'9"/140s have the leverage as well so perhaps that contributed to my positive experience.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that maybe it was related to boot size. I've never liked the Squires, felt like the clicking in and release action on them was not very smooth, and sometimes I'd really have to stomp to get into them (had them on my first pair of Yumis). But then I have 22.5 boots. I've always been happy with Rossi/Look bindings, as well as Tyrolia.

mustski

Angel Diva
I wear a 24.5 boot and had a terrible time with squires but that was 2012ish. I believe that defect was remedied in more recent models. I literally had to jump up and down to click in and at 130 lbs, I'm not a lightweight. I can usually click into bindings no problem. I personally like both the Tyrolia Attack 13s and the Warden 13s. I only set my DIN at 5.5 but those are both solid bindings.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I also have squires and wear a 22.5. They can sometimes be hard to click into, but I’ve never popped out of them when I shouldn’t and never thought to change them. Funny though I got new skis with Pivot 12’s and was definitely curious to see if clicking in was easier which I think they are, but I haven’t had to click back in on anything other than flat ground yet.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I have squire demos on a used set, they're fine, no trouble clicking in though its more of a clunk than a click.
I bought some skis with attack 11's last year and they made me feel like I was on my tippy toes. I swear I could feel them flexing side to side, though it might have all been in my head because they threw my balance off.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I bought some skis with attack 11's last year and they made me feel like I was on my tippy toes. I swear I could feel them flexing side to side, though it might have all been in my head because they threw my balance off.

There’s that higher heel of the attack 11 for ya.. sounds like you are also sensitive to ramp angle.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have squires and wear a 22.5. They can sometimes be hard to click into, but I’ve never popped out of them when I shouldn’t and never thought to change them. Funny though I got new skis with Pivot 12’s and was definitely curious to see if clicking in was easier which I think they are, but I haven’t had to click back in on anything other than flat ground yet.
The Pivots seem very easy to click into every time I've tried.

Patronainthe801

Certified Ski Diva
I have a pair of these on one of my skis and have never had an issue. They've released when I've really needed them to, and held solid at all other times. My ski ability is very similar to yours and I feel very safe in them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly