• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Binding rec's: Look NX vs Tyrolia Attack 11 vs ???

QtrHrs3

Certified Ski Diva
Looking for some feedback on the Look NX and the Tyrolia Attack 11: I have a new pair of Black Pearl 88's(159) and need some binding advice. My old BP's have Marker Squire bindings which have been fine for 12 years of skiing, but I think new bindings on new skis is the way to go. I talked to several ski shops in my area and have heard the folowing recommendations for my height(5ft 4 in)) and weight(118lbs): Look NX or Tyrolia Attack 11....... I consider myself an intermediate skier. Marker Squire 11's are also in the mix, but not my top pick. I would love to hear any thoughts, recommendations, ideas. Thanks.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know anything about the Looks but the Tyrolia 11s are a beginners/kids binding, so maybe not that one for you with having 12 years of skiing experience.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the Attack 11 has more binding delta (heel piece higher than toe) than the Look, so if you are sensitive at all to that then I would recommend the Look NX as I believe it is a "flatter" binding. Both are easy to click into in my experience. I have Tyrolia Attack² 11s on my Kenjas (I am around 5' 2", 116lbs and an intermediate skiier but use a DIN of 6 because I have had multiple prereleases at my "recommended" DIN of 5-5.5), but was told that the Attack 13s are better for if you're sensitive to binding delta.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I have Attack 11s on one ski and Attack 14s on another. Both are set to an 8.5 DIN, and I'm very happy with both. I don't consider the Attack 11 a "beginner" binding; it does the job very well as long as your preferred DIN is within range. Getting the Attack 14s on the newer pair was just a matter of low marginal cost difference and brake width availability at that specific vendor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly