• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Binding Question

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hoping someone with a bit more tech knowledge than me can help.
As I've switched back to my old boots which have a 5ml difference in BSL than my new ones I'm not sure exactly how tight the bindings (Atomic Warden 11's) should be.

I readjusted them yesterday to what I thought was the correct length only for it sadly to go a bit pear shaped when I tried to jump into them, they were way too long for the boot so I adjusted them again.

My question is, is there such a thing as having your bindings too tight as in length ?
I cant fit my boots into the binding manually by hand but I can when I'm wearing them if that makes sense :noidea:

Jilly

Staff member
Match your BSL on your boot with the marks on the binding between the toe and heel pieces.

Sue Perb

Diva in Training
Best to have a ski tech look at it because the forward pressure needs to be correct for the elasticity of the binding to correctly read your boot & release setting. If anything is out it can be unsafe and not release when you need it too or pre-release.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not sure there is any info directly related to your issue, but here's a thread about bindings in general. Wanting to have forward pressure checked correctly is the reason I get bindings set up by a tech when I change boots or get new skis.

Reactions: AJM

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to say I have no confidence in my ability to do my own bindings and Gnomes (ski shop/bootfitter) does all of mine! When I got my new boots this year I hauled my entire quiver along so we could check the binding forward pressure with all of them in case the BSL was different (ended up only being 1mm different, Ally checked all my bindings anyway just to make sure, but they all ended up having no adjustment needed :thumbsup: )

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to say I have no confidence in my ability to do my own bindings and Gnomes (ski shop/bootfitter) does all of mine! When I got my new boots this year I hauled my entire quiver along so we could check the binding forward pressure with all of them in case the BSL was different (ended up only being 1mm different, Ally checked all my bindings anyway just to make sure, but they all ended up having no adjustment needed :thumbsup: )
I dont usually but because I've been switching between boots and theres a 5ml difference in the BSL's I've had to. Leith said its only 1 click but I mucked up the orginal setting, all good now :smile:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@AJM did you adjust the forward pressure with the boot in the binding after you got the binding to match your BSL?

Forward pressure adjustment is a totally separate thing and it's essential to get it right.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@AJM did you adjust the forward pressure with the boot in the binding after you got the binding to match your BSL?

Forward pressure adjustment is a totally separate thing and it's essential to get it right.
I did, although trying to follow the instructions from the online tech manual is not easy and I ended up accidently on your thread from Ski Talk and it all made sense. I got there and my little (non) screw thingy at the back is exactly where its supposed to be so YAY :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly