• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big SNOW in NJ 2020

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it would have been fine if maybe 30 more people came but more than that - especially if mostly beginners would have been chaos. One nice thing is almost all people were fairly experienced so no one was bombing down out of control or anything. Most of the time people were going down 1-2 at a time every 10- 15 seconds or so.

allright

Certified Ski Diva
We are planning to visit tomorrow! For those that have gone - do you think we need full on jacket tops? Or enough to wear just a light jacket or puffy vest?
I felt it was really cold when I went. Also, since the run is so short you never get to warm up much.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I felt it was really cold when I went. Also, since the run is so short you never get to warm up much.
Hmm, sounds like skiing in the southeast when the temps are in the high 20s. I have to wear more than at big mountains at the same temperature because the runs take at most 3 min to finish.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The only thing cold on me was my feet, as always haha. I used my Hotronics, and was so happy I remembered to charge and bring them since I really didn’t anticipate needing them inside.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We actually felt a little warm wearing our usual Gore Tex type jackets over a a thermal shirt. I think next time we will just take a lighter jacket. Maybe a nanopuff for me and a lighter top for the kids. We are planning to go back on Tuesday! I love that it’s less than 30 min from home

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another update on BIg Snow. We went yesterday bec the kids had off due to election day and it was definitely busier. One employee said they were sold out for those time slots. It’s worth trying to get there as soon as it opens before the crowds build during the first hour. By the end it was about a 5-7 min to get on the lift line. Not coordinated at all so it was kind of a free for all with three sometimes four queues merging. I suggest going into the leftmost que when this happens becuase it moves fastest. They did open the poma lift at some point which eased the lift line considerably. One thing I noticed is some race kids/ snowboard team kids were there and acted like they owned the place. They would cut In The lift line and say they were “training” when called out. Eyerolls when you tell them it’s still not an excuse to cut in line. And some older snowboarders with masks down. More eyerolls. Will probably avoid on busy days in the future.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Another update on BIg Snow. We went yesterday bec the kids had off due to election day and it was definitely busier. One employee said they were sold out for those time slots. It’s worth trying to get there as soon as it opens before the crowds build during the first hour. By the end it was about a 5-7 min to get on the lift line. Not coordinated at all so it was kind of a free for all with three sometimes four queues merging. I suggest going into the leftmost que when this happens becuase it moves fastest. They did open the poma lift at some point which eased the lift line considerably. One thing I noticed is some race kids/ snowboard team kids were there and acted like they owned the place. They would cut In The lift line and say they were “training” when called out. Eyerolls when you tell them it’s still not an excuse to cut in line. And some older snowboarders with masks down. More eyerolls. Will probably avoid on busy days in the future.

Ugh that sounds annoying..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna