• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big Sky is going to charge separately for Tram access next season!?!?

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
So is this a trend? Are ski areas going to charge for access to specific lifts now?
Think about the trends--paying a premium for no black out dates, paying a premium for parking, paying a premium to get super early lift rides. I think ski areas are learning from airlines.....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Think about the trends--paying a premium for no black out dates, paying a premium for parking, paying a premium to get super early lift rides. I think ski areas are learning from airlines.....

I agree. I think we're going to see more of this in the future.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River started early access on Sundays last season, they open some lifts 30 mins early for those people. Previously it was just Platinum passes but next season it looks like you will have to add on in general if you want it, they haven't announced that how it'll work yet. However, I see this as a bit different from the Tram issue. I've never had access to certain lifts at 7:30am versus 8am regular opening time, so they aren't taking it away from everyone it's just an add on for those who want it. In Big Sky's case everyone had access to the tram before and they are taking it away now.

I'm curious if they'll get backlash next season on this, it'll be interesting to see.

I agree that this is probably the way of the future, but I really dislike it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly