• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big Sky Demo adventure

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(sorry I don't know how to edit the thread title to the gear I'm reviewing).

I'm not one for demo-ing (is that a word) skis---(except when I bring the wrong skis to a Diva event in JH) and am forced to improvise (the Volkl Secrets were great).

I have been in the market for a front-side hard snow ski when the S7's are too soft. DH did research and had a top 3 list for me to consider:

Nordica Santa Anas
Head Kore 93
Fischer MyRanger

I found a ski shop at Big Sky that had all three in demo skis (not at the base village, but across the way at Arrowhead ski shop. For $52 I was able to ski all of these.

I'm horrid at evaluating and comparing skis----the conditions changed through the day as did the runs due to closure of the run I was using to compare). Each ski was great fun and had good qualities, so any of them would be great, but the Head Kore was just right. DH observed my skiing on each of these and he said that my turns and form were best on the Heads (but in fairness, they were the first when I was not tired).

So...ranking:
1. Head Kore 93---agile, playful, stable at speed, quick response
2. Fischer MyRangers---agile, playful, less stable feeling at speed (maybe demos too short?) but pretty damn good ski
3. Nordica Santa Anas--nice edgy turns on bumps, softer ski. nice turns, less beefy at speed----these were great but not that different from my S7s, making me think they would be too redundant when I'm looking for a firmer ski.

I ordered the Heads. I love the Fischers and hope I made the right choice. Ugh I hate hate buying new skis.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't wait to take a spin----I went through my ski 'boneyard' in the garage and I pulled the Marker Griffon bindings off of my beautiful Ski Logics---the most artistic, unique ski I'll ever have (sad).

So the Head Kores (not as beautiful) are ready to go. Now I have to get up there and play (after taxes are done and costco run is done and....)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna