• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big changes coming at Snowbasin

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those of you who were at Diva West in 2014, or who've skied this mountain since.....lots of changes on the horizon.

Snowbasin Announces Future Development Plans

The master plan has been in place for some time, but was put on the back burner after Earl Holding (owner) died and when the company realized Sun Valley's lodges were in dire need of renos (the two resorts and Little America/Grand America hotels, along with Sinclair Oil, are all held by the same group). Capital was spent on Sun Valley first.

I'm still not seeing the high-speed quad or six-pack that was hoped for on the Strawberry side, which would have unloaded next to Dan's Run and below to typical fog bank that plagues the top of Strawberry. But LOTS of changes are on the horizon.

Interesting that they've partnered with Club Med.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The vibe and crowds since 2014 have already changed drastically, and not for the better.
I still question how the climate is going to impact resorts with terrain below 7500 feet (Snowbasin) in the next 10 years. I predict a lot more rain vs. snow at those elevations.

This change is not sitting well with the Ogden locals. You can add me to that group. The skier experience has declined at Snowbasin in the past 3 years in particular. This won't help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna