• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bicycling in Grand Junction, CO

Moongidget

Angel Diva
I was in Grand Junction for the Rose Hill Rally this weekend. It is a fundraiser ride (not race) that is put on to support the local hospitality home for the hospital there. You know, the place relatives stay for free when they have a sick relative in the hospital.

Well, with my new road bike, and since my closest relatives are the head volunteers putting the thing on every year I decided to drive across 'the hill' to ride in it. There were two lengths. A 50 km and a 100 km. I figured I needed to be all trained up to do the 100, since my aunt and uncle are hard core and probably doing the 100.

Boy, was I wrong! As volunteer head honchos, they had to do the short course to get back to their duties. (Feeding lunch to 600+!) So I did the last 40 miles alone and in a strange city. But what fun, and I really am so proud of myself.

The day after, with my seat still a bit sore from riding, we decided to do the Palisade Winery Tour, on our bikes, and got ourselves on TV!

https://www.nbc11news.com/home/head...ing_but_not_on_local_favorites_150694925.html

The shots with the cyclists tasting the wine are myself, my aunt, uncle and DH himself!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly