• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Best Utah Resorts for Intermediates Looking to Push Themselves?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I feel the same way. I think I’m going to get a guide for Alta. I know there’s more back there, but my fear keeps me from exploring on my own.
The Adult Mountain Workshop is well worth checking out. If you happen to be around when it's not busy for whatever reason, can end up having spend the afternoon solo with a very experienced instructor. It's not a lesson. But can ask technique questions and get tips.

One late spring day I knew my regular instructor was one of the Mountain Workshop guides. It was very warm. No one else showed up. I waited until we confirmed with the surpervisor that I could go out with Arthur before I paid. There is a ski school desk that opens up for a few hours at Watson's for afternoon lessons/workshop. I essentially got a private lesson that afternoon for the cost of the Mountain Workshop. We worked on dealing with off-piste terrain when it's 45-50 degrees. Also meant I learned a bit more about where to go when it's that warm.

My first visit to Alta, I was asking a guy who was in his eighties about where to go and he looked at me and said “just ski”. I wish I had that confidence!
I've been very lucky to be able to learn where to ski at Alta as an improving skier over the last decade from friends who know the place very well. Plus having a ski buddy who is open to suggestion for exploring other places out west.

Sounds like you talked to one of the Wild Old Bunch. Can find them at Alf's around 11:30 every weekday. Most are over 70 and even those in their 80s are definitely not sticking to groomers. Many are "snowbirds" from the flatlands who spend a month or two staying in SLC during the winter. Supreme is a very popular lift for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly