• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best start to the season in years !

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well gals as you're basking in Summer up in the Northern Hemi we down here in little old NZ are having the best start to our ski season in years ... yay !! Some folk say its due to the Tongan volcano that erupted back in January and caused cloud seeding, not sure if that's the case but we'll take it. Yesterday was fantastic with around 65cm new snow, ok so it was very wind affected but still heaps of fun. Here's a shot of us all patiently waiting at Porters for patrol to finish control work (they heli bombed the day before then finished it off with hand charges. If you zoom in you can see a few point releases.) before we were allowed to drive up. And yes that zig zag is the access road and its one of the easiest ones !! If you're considering coming down then this is the season to do it x20220714_080650.jpg

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Up Mt Dobson the last 2 days, and it's stayed cold and dry (but cloudy yesterday) so the snow was beautiful. Still fresh turns to be found yesterday without hiking! Today had better photo weather though.IMG_20220716_090518.jpg

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Up Mt Dobson the last 2 days, and it's stayed cold and dry (but cloudy yesterday) so the snow was beautiful. Still fresh turns to be found yesterday without hiking! Today had better photo weather though.
Fabulous, its great that we are getting the goods. Its been years since its been this good:ski: Did Dobo get the weird wind warped waves that we got here in the Craigieburns? They are quite something !!!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, they missed the weird wind bumps (at least on what I skiied off the chairlift)
Hutt had very bumpy waves on Thursday though so I wonder if that was the wind.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, they missed the weird wind bumps (at least on what I skiied off the chairlift)
Hutt had very bumpy waves on Thursday though so I wonder if that was the wind.
We all got slammed here with them and the fun part was they went across the slope! I got eaten up and spat out by a couple of them on Thursday :laughter: They were slightly less intense today thank goodness.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We all got slammed here with them and the fun part was they went across the slope! I got eaten up and spat out by a couple of them on Thursday :laughter: They were slightly less intense today thank goodness
Hahaha. A good leg workout for sure.

Remarkables is remarkably empty today with minimal queues (we only got there at 8.15am when we normally aim for 8am and still got top carpark) however I suspect it's because of the forecast - flat light and now with the weather front rolling in (bringing snow, though!) the snow is getting a bit wind-blown. Of course, my photos are from the morning and when we headed over to Shadow for the views.

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_080012.jpg
    IMG_20220717_080012.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220717_105215_1.jpg
    IMG_20220717_105215_1.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 3

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Remarkables is remarkably empty today with minimal queues (we only got there at 8.15am when we normally aim for 8am and still got top carpark) however I suspect it's because of the forecast - flat light and now with the weather front rolling in (bringing snow, though!) the snow is getting a bit wind-blown. Of course, my photos are from the morning and when we headed over to Shadow for the views.
I know Porters and Mt Hutt have pretty much closed for the day now due to the incoming storm and accompanying wind, lets see what its all like once its passed ... fingers crossed we get more snow than rain. Hubby went off touring this morning off the back of Porters so hopefully he makes it back in one piece !! I think the Canterbury fields were quieter today than yesterday again due to the forecast I suspect. On another note havent the sunrises and sunsets been incredible ? Again due to the volcano I understand x

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hahaha. A good leg workout for sure.

That sunrise picture is just gorgeous!!

newboots

Angel Diva
Hot and extremely muggy (humid) here today. Staring in astonishment at your beautiful mountains!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna