• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best ski runs in the world

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not a list for the average skier! Of the three listed for Jackson Hole, I would argue that only one is easily enjoyed by most black diamond/advanced skiers. Corbet's couloir falls into the very courageous and skilled advanced skier and Alto zero, which is rarely open, is probably best left to the extreme skiers as a mistake could have some serious consequences.

Fun list though. Wish I had considered some of those runs when I was in those places...but I love to just find things as they unfold in front of my eyes, rather that planning too much.

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm pretty sure they inject only for races so this applies only to a few days a year. I don't even think recreational skiers are even allowed on the course after it's been prepped.

I know they don't inject it all year, but I'd always been told the injecting, or actually just race preparation, ruins the course for the whole year. At Lake Louise, which isn't injected, I was really excited to ski the women's downhill run, and then was told by locals don't bother, it's terrible all year because they do the races in early December and ruin it for the season. I did much of it anyway, and people were right. It was a wonderful powder day all over the mountain but that run it was piles of nice snow on a rock hard surface. I've been told the same thing about various courses in Europe. But, it sounds like this isn't always true.

I've only been to Beaver Creek for World Cup races, so did not get the chance to try that. I've skied Dave Murray in non-race years, but course did not get to try the course during the Olympic test events or the Olympics.

teppaz

Angel Diva
That's very interesting. I wonder how long the injection lasts in terms of its impact on a run. I did Superstar in January 2020, less than two months after the World Cup races in November, and it was very hard but not undoable on a pair of Kenjas.

Apparently it's tough to stay upright on a prepped course even as a worker stationed on the side. Brrrr.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’ve also skied Birds of prey beaver creek and Ruthies at Aspen . Believe me I am no racer. These are IMO steep groomed runs. And doable if not rock hard or maybe icy.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Reading this thread gave me FOMO.

We just visited Okemo for the first time, and Tuckered Out was at the top of my list, but day one we were with a beginner, and day two Quantum Four was closed. :(

I also loved Jester at Sugarbush! It was the last time I wanted to ski faster than my son.

I gotta say, Smugglers at Stowe was a ton of fun.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Reading this thread gave me FOMO.

We just visited Okemo for the first time, and Tuckered Out was at the top of my list, but day one we were with a beginner, and day two Quantum Four was closed. :(

I also loved Jester at Sugarbush! It was the last time I wanted to ski faster than my son.

I gotta say, Smugglers at Stowe was a ton of fun.

I like smugglers until you get to the steep part of the trail immediately before it merges with Side Street. Tends to get super big, icy bumps. With fresh snow and soft bumps, I agree that it’s just lovely.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I did and it wasn't that bad !!! We skipped a section towards the bottom that was super icy and mogul-y. Actually, I'm stopping by my friend's house that skied it with me later today and we can discuss it. (whether we started at the very top - I thought we did)....

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
I counted 7, with a couple possibles that are so long ago I don't remember names, but with the idea that we skiied everywhere we could they are likely. A very odd list with extreme skiing and green runs.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Visited with ski friend today (10 ft apart !!!) and she said we skied the Hahnekamm from the top and there were signs posted everywhere for Advanced/Expert skiers only - no easy way down. She thought we skied the whole run but I remember skipping a small part of it...... Same friend skied Lauberhorn in Wengen and we decided we skipped the very bottom as decided to turn off to our lodging (ski in ski out - sort of)......

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
As far as the list . . .
I love Scarletts at Aspen Highlands, just the right pitch to make the moguls manageable.
Whispering Jesse at Snowmass feels "on top of the world" (I also like Pete's Glades, Powerline Glades, The Edge )
Vallee Blanche at Chamonix, a once in a lifetime experience, you need a guide.
None of these are super challenging, all have a nice feel.
Off the list . . .
I like Bode's Run at Bretton Woods, nice views, one steep pitch.
Lookout Ridge and Lizettes at Big Sky are fun, scenic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna