• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best ski names or.......

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
or.........big trouble?
An old thread on Epic has been revived that has caused my imagination to perk up a bit.

It seems that someone else has tried to be cute with imagination too!
These three quotes from the epic Thread:
Best Ski names of all times
I would like to see Atomic expand the "Momma" line...Sweet, Sugar, Fat, Cookin, Well dressed, Ect...

Phil, you may want to check with the ladies on that one.

Whereas most guys like the thought of being the "Daddy" (not necessarily a breeder, but the guy in charge), I'm not sure how woman feel about being the "Momma".

Ladies?

Might be a good question over at Ski Divas. With a Luv line and a Thang line...why not? Trek, whaddya think?

So Ladies, What do we think "over here at Ski Divas"?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've never been big on either "Momma" or "Daddy"....and I am a Momma. But on the ski slope, I definitely don't want to be thought of as a one.

I've always thought K2 was on to something with the "Luv" name. Especially "Burnin' Luv." Salamon has a "Mynx" out, which is pretty cool, as is Rossi's "Attraxion."

Jilly

Staff member
I was just at a snowboard PK at our local shop. No I'm not going over to the dark side, but "Fallen Angel and Titki"?? These are the Atomic ladies snowboard names. Better than Momma! Atomic Ski ladies line is Balanze, skis and boots. Salomon's skis are Rush or Siam and boots can be Rush or Mynx. Depends on whether you want "fur". Rossi has Attraxion and Passion for skis. I think most of the companies are greating away from the "cutsie" names and flowers. They realize that there are some serious women who can ski and keep up with the boys. It's also their greatest gowth market. I don't want to ski on something that is hot pink, with blue flowers and screams "little girlie"

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never understood the Gamma(volkl) Attiva(also volkl), Balanze(Atomic).
I think the Thang line(Head), and the Luv line(of course K2)

I think, As phil said, that atomc should expand on the mamma line with,
Hot Mamma,
Sweet Mamma
Smokin Mamma

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This bodes the question:
If you could name your ski, what would you name it?

Jilly

Staff member
Ah but Atomic had Diva in their line. But I still like it better than anything to do with "chicks".

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Ski Diva, of course!!! :D
Jilly said:
Ah but Atomic had Diva in their line. But I still like it better than anything to do with "chicks".

Jilly is so right. But the Atomic Diva(though the graphix were cool) was a wimp of a ski. Certainly NOT for a real Ski Diva!;)

My husband was impressed with my work out routine a few years ago, thus he dedicated a Trace Atkins song to my efforts. One Hot Mamma! So I think that is what I'd like to name my ski
[tongue firmly planted in cheek]Hot mamma![/tongue firmly planted in cheek

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SnowHot said:
Jilly is so right. But the Atomic Diva(though the graphix were cool) was a wimp of a ski. Certainly NOT for a real Ski Diva!;)

Okay. So if I can't have Ski Diva, how about UFO (as in Unidentified Flying Object)?

That might be cool.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Another good name:

She's Piste.

They're women's telemark skis from K2, and they're on Steep and Cheap today.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
I never understood the Gamma(volkl) Attiva(also volkl)

Attiva means assets in Italian. :D

I don't know why a German company would use an Italian word, but there it is.

I love the She's Piste name.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
dburdenbates said:
Attiva means assets in Italian. :D

I don't know why a German company would use an Italian word, but there it is.

I love the She's Piste name.
Assetts! I like that.
Thanks for sharing
and as for She's Piste. That is a great ski name.

Jilly

Staff member
Just been through the Salomon PK tonight. Their twin tips are named: Scarlet, Mynx and Temptress. The junior is Kitten. Now I think I like Temptress. Boots are Mynx, Rush, Irony and Scarlet. Now I think I could wear Scarlet. Better than some names we've seen eh!!

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
There's a nice board called the Black Widow - it's not as good as She's Piste though, that's ace.

I don't have much women's specific stuff, because I'm so tall (6 ft) - they don't make them long enough for me..

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
chaletlaforet said:
SB diva! I like it! :smile:

That's a good one! Burton also make high back bindings called Stilettoes.

That gets my vote as the best one yet.

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
:smile: It's a good one...
Oh and one more: the K2 Miss Demeanor

MissDemeanor.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member