• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Ski Cars?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Until I got my new hybrid AWD Toyota Sienna a few months ago I could have beat you all-- I was driving a 2001 Honda Odysee. And while we were in Canada no rust. Once in Massachusetts, a whole other story.
Wowza. How many miles on that Odyssey? I cannot imagine driving a 20 year old vehicle with the mileage we put on! My 2015 has nearly 140K and the 2007 that my daughter drives has 200K.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee summer of 2019 to pull my little camping trailer, and knew it would be a great Drive to The Mountain Car (plus, I live in a valley on the Wasatch back that typically gets a LOT of snow.) Threw some Blizzaks on it last fall, the thing is just bomber on snow covered roads and in the snow period. Heated steering wheel FTW for sure! I never knew I'd love such a thing as I do that steering wheel. Plus heated seats, which I've had before. Bonus is the car has such a tight turn radius, parking it is a breeze. I'm generally not a fan of Chrysler products (now Fiat.) And it does have some funny quirky computer/electrical things it does and I don't care for the climate control interface, but for a snow car, the V6 AWD with Blizzaks and heated wheel and seats make it a dream.

Winethief

Diva in Training
My Toyota 4 Runner has been a workhorse for many years and over 350,000 miles, unstoppable on snow and sand, but never quite the towing capacity we wanted. Recently bought a Dodge Durango RT with Hemi engine and definitely an improvement in snow, sand, and towing (think Airstream up steep mountain roads.)

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee summer of 2019 to pull my little camping trailer, and knew it would be a great Drive to The Mountain Car (plus, I live in a valley on the Wasatch back that typically gets a LOT of snow.) Threw some Blizzaks on it last fall, the thing is just bomber on snow covered roads and in the snow period. Heated steering wheel FTW for sure! I never knew I'd love such a thing as I do that steering wheel. Plus heated seats, which I've had before. Bonus is the car has such a tight turn radius, parking it is a breeze. I'm generally not a fan of Chrysler products (now Fiat.) And it does have some funny quirky computer/electrical things it does and I don't care for the climate control interface, but for a snow car, the V6 AWD with Blizzaks and heated wheel and seats make it a dream.
As a Ford owner (sedan and older pickup), I’m endlessly jealous of the Jeep turn radius. I used to live in an apartment where the two parking spots for our unit were one in front of the other in an underground garage, so there was a cement wall at the front, and our long skinny parking spot when back from there. With enough room, which wasn’t much, my roommate could get her Jeep in and out of the front spot without needing to move my car as long as one of the spots on either side of us was open. At the time I drove a compact Ford Focus and there was no way I could get in or out without moving her car.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
I drive a 2003 Audi allroad with 240,000 miles but it is a wonderful car. It has a great AWD system of course because it’s an Audi. It also has airbag suspension so if the snow is deep (or the road extremely rutted) I can raise the car up higher — it has 4 levels. I love my allroad

marzNC

Angel Diva
The VW Tiguan I rented from Alamo had a 3-way split for the rear seats. The small middle section meant there was room to pile two double Sportubes, plus another soft ski bag on top when we had three people headed back to the airport motel. Was nice when we had just two people and two pairs of skis for daily skiing.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The VW Tiguan I rented from Alamo had a 3-way split for the rear seats. The small middle section meant there was room to pile two double Sportubes, plus another soft ski bag on top when we had three people headed back to the airport motel. Was nice when we had just two people and two pairs of skis for daily skiing.
Yep my VW Tiguan has same and my VW convertible had a slot for skis!!!

Jilly

Staff member
I had a portal like that in my 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was handy as it was more sports car, than ski car.

Been driving Jimmy, Blazers or Equinox's since.

newboots

Angel Diva
Love my 2015 RAV-4. I just wish it was a hybrid. I bought it when I first moved to Vermont and was driving a Chevy Volt. To make it more aerodynamic, the Volt had a baffle along the bottom front. It was 3" from the ground! Although it was flexible, the first deepish snowfall convinced me I wouldn't make it through the winter with it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Love my 2015 RAV-4. I just wish it was a hybrid. I bought it when I first moved to Vermont and was driving a Chevy Volt. To make it more aerodynamic, the Volt had a baffle along the bottom front. It was 3" from the ground! Although it was flexible, the first deepish snowfall convinced me I wouldn't make it through the winter with it.

I'm very interested in checking out the RAV4 hybrid and Prime plug in hybrid (coworker has the Prime and loves it). I drove the regular version over the summer and really liked it, curious to see how the others compare.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm very interested in checking out the RAV4 hybrid and Prime plug in hybrid (coworker has the Prime and loves it). I drove the regular version over the summer and really liked it, curious to see how the others compare.
I'm thoroughly enjoying have the RAV4 Prime. Especially since I'm retired so don't have even think about a regular commute. With a range of 40 miles EV, when I'm home I can get around doing errands without using gas 90% of the time. At the same time, I can take a long driving trip without having to do anything differently. I get about 38 MPG in hybrid mode. Does make it a little more complicated to deal with charging at home.

A friend has a Tesla. Having a range of under 300 miles means he has to plan for where to stop to charge up for a vacation trip. While there are more charging stations coming on line, it still requires some extra effort.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Going full electric is not for everyone. It is not exactly no maintenance and can still get expensive to maintain if you get a Tesla. No federal tax credits anymore, electricity costs money and it will cost you time. As much as I like mine, I wouldn’t recommend it to others unless they have time AND money to spare...

Jilly

Staff member
Until I can get from home to Tremblant on a full charge in a SUV, ain't going there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly