• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best quick drying sports bra?

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm heading to Costa Rica and if online reviews are to be believed, my clothes will never dry in the tropical spots where we're going. I have good tees but I don't think any of my sports bras are up to be sweated in all day then rinsed out and dry by the morning. Anyone have one they know will dry fast? @altagirl I've know you've been to CR...

Don't need tons of support, just a B cup.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You definitely want unpadded, thinner fabric, and less fabric overall - so oftentimes the higher support ones with an actual band are better than a pull-over crop top with a fabric back, even with smaller chest size. I also hate the pooling of cleavage/sternum sweat in crop styles when it's humid. I have previously worn a moisture-wicking compression top (underarmour or skins) under a t shirt instead of a sports bra for walking but would never do that for running or actual sports, and it's still hotter than wearing a bra.

Honestly, though - if you are drying things in high tropical humidity they never feel truly dry.

In terms of bras I own and would recommend: I do like my Shock Absorber bras (b109/b4490) but they have crop top amounts of fabric at the front so can be a little slow to dry. The non-padded version of the Berlei Electrify has less fabric overall, but does tend to stay damp around the underwire.
images.jpeg
I also have a Skins one that I think would be good with the padding removed as I usually find that their compression fabric is thin and dries fast, but I have not tested it in humidity yet.
IMG_20221128_104822.jpg
The worst at drying and what I would avoid are padded crop tops like the Nike ones or the "sports bras" that are really just a crop top for looks.

altagirl

Staff member
I'm heading to Costa Rica and if online reviews are to be believed, my clothes will never dry in the tropical spots where we're going. I have good tees but I don't think any of my sports bras are up to be sweated in all day then rinsed out and dry by the morning. Anyone have one they know will dry fast? @altagirl I've know you've been to CR...

Don't need tons of support, just a B cup.
I don't recall if I even brought anything I'd consider a real sports bra. I was just doing yoga, light hiking and swimming. I mostly wore various unpadded Patagonia bikini tops I think. I had various breezy beach layers and sun protection rashguard type tops for swimming. Though since those were going in the ocean daily I don't recall worrying if they dried? But they are thin so they probably mostly did anyway.

I know the place we stay doesn't use regular towels because they don't dry. They use thin... sarongs for towels instead.

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh, interesting, I wonder what we'll get for towels!

I've been to tropical spots but not in the Central American jungle. In French Polynesia or Hawaii things dry just fine.

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe not the most popular opinion, but situations like this I would bring two merino wool bras since they can go through multiple days without being rinsed/washed without smelling. Then just alternate every few days. This gives the rinsed one more than one day to dry.
I love the Ibex Balance Bra which is merino. No stink and they dry quickly.

Allevi

Diva in Training
Divas, thank you for the recommendations because I also have this problem. It is hard for me to refuse wearing pads, but I have to try it

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe not the most popular opinion, but situations like this I would bring two merino wool bras since they can go through multiple days without being rinsed/washed without smelling. Then just alternate every few days. This gives the rinsed one more than one day to dry.
This! I backpack in the "off-season," and this merino wool is generally agreed upon as the best material for long-distance hikers who carry only 2 sets of clothes (one to hike in, one to sleep in) for months.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I live pretty much the same latitude south as Costa Rica is north: honestly we don't do / buy anything special. Sports bras I use anything from Berlei to Target own brand, don't have any problems with things not drying; in fact it's wet season right now and my things are outside on the washing line.
I'd just say as the others have to just have a couple of pairs on rotation, and if you can get them in the sun for half a day they'll dry off just fine.
The only ones I've found do stay damp a bit longer are the crop tops with the thick cotton padding, however, if it's muggy and hot sometimes it feels nice to drop the girls into a nice cool bra.

Christy

Angel Diva
My trip was in December so it's done, though I don't mean to discourage general conversation about the topic.

I think I liked the Patagonia Better Bra best, though I also brought a merino one and it was fine. At one lodge we had a big sunny deck and everything dried just fine, even though we were in a rainforest. The other place we stayed was deep in a river canyon and everything was wet all the time. This photo sums it up.
1678235195571.png
Nothing dried, ever. I've never experienced anything like it. There was dampness/dew on everything all the time. The towels hanging up when we arrived were damp. Don't get me wrong--it was awesome. But I'd read reviews on things not drying and thought, oh, those people must not have brought good quick-drying clothes. Nope!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Exofficio I can second! I use Reebok as well, found at Dicks Sporting Goods! hope you find something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly