• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Priced Lift Tickets in Park City?

SkiBunny

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, going to Park City, UTah on March 10th for 7 days but was curious if anyone knew the best place or site to find the least expensive Lift tickets? Typically the travel sites are offering 5 day lift passes to all three resorts, Park City, The Canyons and Deer Valley for like 400 dollars. Curious if anyone knows a better deal?

Thanks

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you just want to ski at Park City they have great ski and stay deals. Go to their website and click on Vacation Planning and then on package deals. www.parkcitymountain.com I love Park City I have been there 5 times. I wish I could go with you!!!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
discount lift tickets

You can purchase lift tickets at most ski shops in SLC for a five-six dollar discount. Given the snow conditions:mad: , you may want that day-to-day flexibility instead of being locked in to 3 resorts for each day. Heck, if it doesn't snow soon, you may even want to hike or bike or snowshoe or do backcountry touring.

SkiBunny

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks SkiGirl and DLoveski

This is our first trip out West. Now grant you Im sure they cant even compare to the dinky lil hills we ski here, meaning one day of full skiing out there is gonna poop us out big time :p So I may go with just buying the tickets as needed when we arrive in Park City. I am finding out many of the ski shops offer discounted tickets. NTM we wanna do some snowmobiling out there :cool: But friends have told skiing out west, you'll wanna a few days of rest...lol Hard to believe for me...:p

DLoveski --- I hope the snow condition do get better. I know it was horrible here about 3-4 weeks, I never thought it would get out of the 60 and 70's but know we have some serious COLD! But still not enough Real snow but I love our hard pack man made snow. Of course, I dont know any better YET ;)

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Eastern friends who come out west to ski get very tired the first few days due to primarily the altitude, so take that into consideration along with learning a new mountain, longer runs, and then the weather factor. We have limited snow, have gone from dry arctic cold to dry spring weather, so lots of bare spots, slush, rocks, icy patches in a.m. and p.m. Pray for snow. Lowest snow depth in years due to El Nino.

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Canyon Sports in SLC sells discounted lift tickets - www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html. You don't have to specify which day you'll be using the ticket - it's redeemable at any time in the given year. The ticket for Park City is $59 instead of $75. It's not hard to find the store.

catmac

Diva in Training
Snow conditions in Utah?

Just wondering how the snow is these days. We are coming down from Canada for some mountain biking in Moab during the first week in April and were hoping to catch a day or two of spring skiing. Which is the best hill to ski late season?

SkiBunny

Certified Ski Diva
catmac said:
Just wondering how the snow is these days. We are coming down from Canada for some mountain biking in Moab during the first week in April and were hoping to catch a day or two of spring skiing. Which is the best hill to ski late season?

Catmac,

We had a great time skiing we were there from 03/11-03/17. It was def spring conditions, it was in the high 50's and the sun was very bright. In the morning we skied alot of icy hills, but by noon it was starting to slush up a bit. I would advise just going higher up or if you ski trees stay there...It seems to be crisper, but in the morning as I said, careful, because everything is a bit icier. But being east coast skiers we had no problem. Just be sure your skies edge bite real good :rolleyes:

I would ask DLoveski, she lives out there and she could offer better advice. Personally my favorite slopes at Park City were Silver Queen (in the AM nice and crisp...but by noon it gets real soft) Then I loved Keystone too. Unfortantly I didnt try Tycoon, which I hear starts out really nice but gets steep. You always go to the Legacy Lodge and ask them. They can even make your itinary of ski slopes depending on ski level.

Good luck and have fun! I really miss it and its only been 2 days :(

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Record breaking temperatures have brought spring ski conditions one month early to Utah. We will watch the storm projected for this week.

Most resorts will close the first or second week of April, so your timing is OK. I skiied the past four days in t-shirts and no gloves; Brighton (great), Solitude (always fun), and yesterday--Powder Mountain (the steeper groomers were awesome, the flats get a bit wet and hard to ski). We've had frozen snow in the morning, warming to slushy mashed potato consistency in the afternoon. Mid-day it gets pretty fun on wider skis. Unless we get the snow we desperately need, Park City resorts not your best bet for late-season skiing---Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, or Brighton on the high mountain are my recommendations.

We are watching the weather here very carefully--hoping for a dump as we break out the sun block, the hawaiian shirts, and the bikes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly