• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best place to rent demo skis around Burlington, VT?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
My pink unicorn skis are Whipits and I totally dig them... but I’m still a low-intermediate skier, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I love that they are burly but still have a very light swing weight, but they aren’t much for carving and I’m meeting up with @marzNC and @Mary Tee later this month at Massanutten to demo some carving skis.

Masterblasters are AWESOME for icy east coast conditions but I’ve heard mixed results going through crud. My husband skis both the Masterblasters and the Metals - he takes the Metals out west. I dragged a pair of masterblasters that I had picked up a ridiculously good deal on out west and let my low-advanced skier friend borrow them - they are a heavy ski and were great on a day of packed powder but way too heavy on a powder day.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Also, I’d love to meet up! I’m skiing Stowe primarily but I have an ikon pass as well and would gladly hop over to the valley to ski a few runs at the bush. Let’s stay in touch!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, I love that you have skis that say "I am a Unicorn" on the bottom, those are the absolute best! Also, thanks for the first person notes on the J Skis. I'm just getting back into skiing after a few years of snowboarding, so I'm no expert. I've done all my skiing and riding out west, so I'm very unfamiliar with the east coast conditions and resorts. Steep doesn't bother me, but bumps do. I do like a nice groomer, but I also want to catch some air and ski switch on occasion. But, my prime objective right now is to develop proper skills and muscle memory so I can build on that and get max fun for minimum effort all over the mountain. The right skis can help that... who's got time to fight the conditions and their equipment?! Amiright??

Also, it would be great to meet up @ilovepugs ! We are for sure there that last week in Jan, thinking about hitting the 'bush sometime during the week. We'll keep you posted as plans solidify. Cheers!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
So as you can see from my profile pic, I too am a snowboarder, but I'm learning how to ski to be more well-rounded... so I would think that you're a better skier than me, but our perspectives are probably similar. I really do like the Whipits a ton. On one hand, they are floppy and forgiving of my rookie errors, but on the other hand, they've also super stable busting through crud and reliable on hardpack/ice-coast conditions. I think they should definitely be on your demo list!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly