• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best of the West!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steamboat may be known for its champaign powder but don't expect good conditions right now, we skied it yesterday and there are still sticks showing though, and icy spots. They had fresh snow (6-7")on Monday which helped the conditions, they missed the early snow storms that hit Summit County. We didn't consider skiing black runs, too many sticks showing through. We skied Buddy's Run (a blue) and it wasn't groomed, it was loose snow but weird, everyone in my group complained how inconsistant the conditions were.

We skied Copper today and the coverage is very good, we skied powder runs and bumps and I only saw rocks on 1 run.

I'm not sure how good the conditions are at the Vail Resorts (Keystone, Breck, Vail, etc) but Copper sure has spoiled me for anywhere else!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For Colorado, the article names Vail as having the best open terrain, but personally, I prefer Copper's bowls. You really get away from the crowds at Copper, something that is hard to do at Vail.

I would also list Crested Butte as a "tie" with Silverton for best extreme terrain and with Telluride as best out-of-the-way resort. Many people are not ready for, or wouldn't be interested in, Silverton because of its required guided services and hike-to/backcountry touring terrain. It's good to know you can find accessible extreme terrain at the Butte. I don't believe I've skied terrain as challenging as the Butte's at any other "mainstream" resort, at least not in the abundace you'll find at the Butte.

Thatsagirl

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna