• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Best Binding for Blizzard Black Pearl

brewski

Certified Ski Diva
I've decided to go with the Blizzard Black Pearl in a 166cm (thanks to another SkiDiva Forum, I felt the 166cm was a more appropriate length for me)
(I'm 5 feet 7 inches, 125lbs, advanced intermediate skier)

Any recommendations on bindings?

Looking for something on the lighter side and safe, with a min. brake width of 90cm.

Thanks!

mustski

Angel Diva
Brake width is easy ... the brakes can be switched out on all bindings to accommodate the width of our ski. I like this binding the Atomic FFG - it's a solomon binding with the Atomic badge. I have them on my Auras and they are super light and I love them!
https://www.evo.com/alpine-ski-bindings/atomic-ffg-10.aspx

But ... I am a bit of a binding whore. I tend to buy whatever is on sale. I have 3 different bindings on 3 different skis! The FFGs are the lightest though.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ditto...Salomon z10s on my Black Pearls...they are light2ight, easy to click into...and ,I believe the price point is good.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I happen to have a pair of the Salomon z10s that are new and I can sell them to you if you like! I actually got them for my own skis, but decided not to use them when they arrived with another binding already mounted.

I have the FFGs on my Atomic Elysians and they are great.

brewski

Certified Ski Diva
I happen to have a pair of the Salomon z10s that are new and I can sell them to you if you like! I actually got them for my own skis, but decided not to use them when they arrived with another binding already mounted.

Badger- I may be interested would have to have delivered by Tuesday to have mounted Wednesday, we're leaving for a ski trip Thursday morning :smile:

Our local ski shop is recommending the Marker Squire.
Anyone have thoughts on those?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are many here with thoughts on the Squires as they had some "issues" in the past. (posted on various threads).

Everyone has reasons why they buy a binding, be it price, color, ramp angle, ease of use etc.

I have 3 pair of squires and DD also has 3 pair on skis ranging from 85 to 116, Including the Blizzard Samba.
I personally like them and they work really well for me. They are a very light weight binding. I am your weight.
DD is 105 lbs and doesn't have any issues with them and she is in the park with them as well as all mountain.

If you get the Squires, Get the ones from the "current" 15/16 year or last year as they did change the heel a bit. Newer colors are: Anthracite, Mint, Magenta/Blue, Black/Blue, or new for this year, MAGENTA BLACK.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the Salomon Z10 ti bindings on both the Volkl Kenjas and Rossi Saffron 7's.. Quite happy with bindings.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the Salomon Z10 it bindings on both the Volkl Kenjas and Rossi Saffron 7's.. Quite happy with bindings.

brewski

Certified Ski Diva
Anyone happen to have the Marker Griffons?

That was my second option, but not sure if they'd be too heavy?

I also looked at the Rossie Axium and Axial, but our shop keeps saying I'd be sad if I didn't go with a wider binding (like a marker) on a wider ski for energy transmission.

Jilly

Staff member
I have the Axial's on my Temptation 88's and my old Attraxion 12's. I hate that binding. It's getting in and out of them. The Axium is much better....have that on my Hero's. Don't know about weight as on the Hero's it's a system binding. So no other choice.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As far as the Griffons, I'd say whether you want them or not would depend on your din. If you have a lower din it's probably more binding than you actually need, so the Squires would be better if you want to go with Marker. If you have a higher din then the Griffons would be fine.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree w @NewEnglandSkier
Weight diff is 360 grams. Can you look at both at the shop ?

Re power transmission I'll buy into it - matching the width of the binding to the ski.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
There are many here with thoughts on the Squires as they had some "issues" in the past. (posted on various threads).
I have 3 pair of squires and DD also has 3 pair on skis ranging from 85 to 116, Including the Blizzard Samba.
I personally like them and they work really well for me. They are a very light weight binding.

My experience is the same as Watergirl's - my daughter and I both have Squires (last year's model) - no issues here either. We are both similar in specs to you as well - 5'9"/<140 and 5'10"/<130. Skis are 95mm and 85mm, respectively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly