• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Biking Helmet?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've had the same bike helmet for about seven years, and I'm thinking it's time for a change.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm overdue for one too. I think next time I'm somewhere that sells them I'm going to go with "whatever fits my small head".

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I just got a POC helmet and I LOVE it. They ain't cheap but.... they fit extremely well, and they stay put. None of this always slipping sideways/foreards/backwards no matter how well you adjust it. The cradle adjusts very nicely and you get better coverage.

https://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1230/trabec-race

thumbnail.jpg

Smith has just come out with some ultra cool helmets that are supposed to be state of the art for safety.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've always had Giro helmets and currently have a Specialized helmet...

altagirl

Staff member
I tried the new Smith helmet and it fits so much better than anything else I've tried. .. but $220. Ouch!

abc

Banned
Any one that fits.

Comfort, ventilation, get the best. It's only half the price of a pair of ski...

I'm not a big proponent of helmet. But since I need to wear one (bike club policy), I get the most comfortable one, regardless of price (as of now).

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They'll all be rated the same, so I'd look for one that a) fits your head properly and b) is as light as your budget allows. Helmets aren't quite as bad as ski boots, but I've tried on enough that don't make the cut that I wouldn't buy one without trying it first.

_steener

Diva in Training
I just got a POC helmet and I LOVE it. They ain't cheap but.... they fit extremely well, and they stay put. None of this always slipping sideways/foreards/backwards no matter how well you adjust it. The cradle adjusts very nicely and you get better coverage.

https://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1230/trabec-race

thumbnail.jpg

Smith has just come out with some ultra cool helmets that are supposed to be state of the art for safety.
I didn't even know POC made bike helmets - definitely something to look into! I have my POC helmet for skiing, and that has served me well!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Husband has a POC helmet and seems to like it.
I've had a love hate relationship with my helmet every since I got it, so I started shopping and found this one, which is reasonably priced and has a pony tail port!!!
I have always struggled with what to do with my pony tail and find my helmet pulling at my hair if I don't get it just right.
Going on a maiden voyage with it today and can't wait.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/helmets/rec-commute/womens-sierra/105244
img_3523-jpg-jpeg.9823

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I need a new helmet. I don't need a ponytail port :-) but I do need one that doesn't leave a tattoo on my forehead after I take it off. My POC ski helmet fits great; maybe I should try their bike helmets. Or Specialized....I've never tried one of theirs before.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need a new helmet. I don't need a ponytail port :-) but I do need one that doesn't leave a tattoo on my forehead after I take it off. My POC ski helmet fits great; maybe I should try their bike helmets. Or Specialized....I've never tried one of theirs before.
What does the tattoo say? - DOH!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
MTB and road helmets are a bit different. They are somewhat interchangeable but a MTB helmet covers more of the head. Road helmets tend to sit on top. The front and back are different, sightlines are different because on a road bike you are in a more laid out position. MTB helmets may have visors. I have both POC and Bell MTB helmet. I just got the Bell w/MIPS and it's really light and comfy.

I will likely be buying a mountain biking helmet this summer but because of my large sized head must try them on. Hoping for an end of season discount at my summer home mountain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna