• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best approach for first two ski days of the season?

canannie

Certified Ski Diva
Meeting my young 14 year old niece at next week and decided first time out for her in a long time I booked a semi private lesson for 1.5 hours for the both of us ! I do not have the big mountains to ski where I live but the biggest hill in Ontario ! Blue Mountain !

Well I booked the lesson for my niece and I and thank goodness I did ! I had never seen her ski and her Dad told me she was an expert ! Glad I was a bit leery because she was totally out of control and green ! The private instructor worked her magic and she was so much more in control after the lesson . Auntie and niece had a lovely day !

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first two days of this season both ended up being powder days. Only 4 inches or so, but... not my favorite way to start a season. Yes, sadly, I'm about to complain: tracked-out powder is hard when the ski legs are not back, yet! A few more groomed runs to start with would have been nice. I'm hopelessly asymmetrical... working too hard... scared of speed... not sure what I'm capable of plowing through...

Still, I followed the old rule: the best (only?) way to have stronger ski legs is to ski more! I also found some patches where the powder had been scraped off smoothly (rather than in lumps), which allowed me to do some drills. Getting there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly