• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best approach for first two ski days of the season?

newboots

Angel Diva
waiting to see how many trails they have open. would love to come monday.. yes the day after tomorrow!

I have to go to Massachusetts for a dr's appt on Monday. I'll learn about conditions tonight or tomorrow, as my dear BF is working today in the repair shop.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Think maybe @elemmac had a spreadsheet.... it was pretty cool. Unless it was another diva.....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a spreadsheet for most things, haha. Have one for long trips, but not for day trips. Day trips are more of a "pray I didn't forget anything" kinda thing. Probably was another diva with a checklist?
Maybe it was for long trips... Actually I need to see it again. You may have done pivot tables. Well maybe I saw it lurking on pugski. It was really cool... Hmm wonder who created it? Well I've worked with spreadsheets for the last 30 years....I should create one!

elemmac

Angel Diva
Maybe it was for long trips... Actually I need to see it again. You may have done pivot tables. Well maybe I saw it lurking on pugski. It was really cool... Hmm wonder who created it? Well I've worked with spreadsheets for the last 30 years....I should create one!

Well here's my trip one (no pivot tables...although I do love pivot tables, haha)...each time I use it it gets modified slightly. This one was for a 10 day trip, 7 ski days (actually snowboard days), overseas...

IMG_6489.PNG

newboots

Angel Diva
Well here's my trip one (no pivot tables...although I do love pivot tables, haha)...each time I use it it gets modified slightly. This one was for a 10 day trip, 7 ski days (actually snowboard days), overseas...
A work of art and wonder!

Never did get the hang of spreadsheets.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I guess it was foolhardy to sign up for two full back to back days of instruction on opening weekend??
What ski area? Depends a bit on what kind of physical shape you are in.

For kids, starting with two days of ski school at the beginning of the season can be good because it means they are more likely to start off with pretty decent technique.

Last season my first ski day was a demo day. That meant I was skiing bumps because it was the only way to test out skis. Wasn't my usual Day 1, but I took it easy, stopped more often, and had a good time.

kiki

Angel Diva

View attachment 7629

View attachment 7629
How can we pivot and graph this?
Anothe accountant in the mix?

kiki

Angel Diva
What ski area? Depends a bit on what kind of physical shape you are in.

For kids, starting with two days of ski school at the beginning of the season can be good because it means they are more likely to start off with pretty decent technique.

Last season my first ski day was a demo day. That meant I was skiing bumps because it was the only way to test out skis. Wasn't my usual Day 1, but I took it easy, stopped more often, and had a good time.
We'll see! I am trying to prepare -- daily stairs, mini trampoline, stretching etc. I golfed a lot this year (+80 rounds) and walk the course so used to being on my feet walking for 4 hours in the sun pushing a cart and swinging my clubs, but its not high cardio like skiing. I need to get my cardio stamina up. I expect it will be quite tough, in particular day two!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I replied in the other thread, but my Dakine boot bag, which is smaller than many other boot bags (Athlon, Transpack)... is basically a catch-all ski locker of sorts. The contents of it rarely change, especially for local day trips.

elemmac

Angel Diva
How can we pivot and graph this?
Anothe accountant in the mix?

Not really sure if it graphable haha. I suppose you could set it up by how many days your trip is than have it spit out how many of each item you need, instead of changing it manually. Engineer here, not accountant.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We'll see! I am trying to prepare -- daily stairs, mini trampoline, stretching etc. I golfed a lot this year (+80 rounds) and walk the course so used to being on my feet walking for 4 hours in the sun pushing a cart and swinging my clubs, but its not high cardio like skiing. I need to get my cardio stamina up. I expect it will be quite tough, in particular day two!
Sounds like your cardio will be fine. What are you doing for core strength? For me, increasing core strength and 1-leg balance made a big difference to my ability to ski with better technique more consistently, and all day long. When I started skiing more often after a long hiatus, I used to take it very easy after lunch and was off the slopes by 3:00 at big mountains.

Here's a short pilates routine that can be done anywhere. Note that the woman doing the demonstration is a ski instructor in Colorado . . . and was about 70 when she made the video.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like your cardio will be fine. What are you doing for core strength? For me, increasing core strength and 1-leg balance made a big difference to my ability to ski with better technique more consistently, and all day long. When I started skiing more often after a long hiatus, I used to take it very easy after lunch and was off the slopes by 3:00 at big mountains.

Here's a short pilates routine that can be done anywhere. Note that the woman doing the demonstration is a ski instructor in Colorado . . . and was about 70 when she made the video.

wow How I'd love to look like her in 10yrs. better get my fat butt downstairs and off the internet! Thanks
@marzNC for sharing..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not really sure if it graphable haha. I suppose you could set it up by how many days your trip is than have it spit out how many of each item you need, instead of changing it manually. Engineer here, not accountant.
Accountant here. @kiki - Graphing a list might be a challenge. You could definitely graph or chart your number of skiing days, per week, per month, conditions, etc.

kiki

Angel Diva

Wow she looks great
Thank you for the video, it lioks like a feasible routine to incorporate

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly