• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best all mountain ski?

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
Ladies,
Any recommendations for all mountain ski, waist 90-100? Currently on k2 fulluvit 95 bit really unhappy how it performs on the groomers. Talked to a couple of girls i met on the lift with the same skis and they say the same. So looking for something similar that can hold an edge on the groomers. Bought Armada victa 87 but they tend to be pure front of the mountain skis. Great edge hold on groomers but really boring at everything else.

Thank you.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome! Would help to know what region you ski in the most. A groomer in the northeast is quite different from a groomer in the Rockies.

After demo'ing the Stöckli Stormrider 85 a few years ago, that's what I went with as my all-mountain skis for trips out west. I have narrower skis for the mid-Atlantic and northeast. Note that I'm petite so for me skis that are 100 underfoot are for powder days.

Jilly

Staff member
I would suspect that between the width @95 and soft flex this ski is not going to do well on groomers. I had the Brahma 82's out (the BP's big brother) in November out in Lake Louise. We skied mostly groomers and bumps. But we did do a little trip through the tress. I want these skis for my all mountain.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Mantras (Volkl) 96 underfoot. Not super forgiving, but can both carve ice and schmear crud and bumps and steep semi deep pow when told to do so, better than any ski I used to ski (Kastle bmx 98, vantage 100)

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you guys!
I live in Colorado so i can get away with the fulluvits most of the days.. but there are days when they really frustrate me.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank you guys!
I live in Colorado so i can get away with the fulluvits most of the days.. but there are days when they really frustrate me.
The new Kore 93 might be worth considering. Or even the Blizzard BP line, BP82, BP88, or BP98. Although the BP98 is really better when conditions are best for staying off groomers out west.

What are your stats (height, weight)? I'm petite so what I like may not be relevant to you at all.

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, thank you so much for your suggestions.
I’m 160cm , 135ibs and i ride 163-166cm skis. The new ones i got ( Armada Victa 87 in 163cm feel a bit short for some reason, but i love the fulluvits in 163cm).
Also i had a friend telling me that maybe i should also try some men’s skis as they are usually stiffer... but probably not gonna go that way.

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I kinda want something i can take out every day.. so 90-100mm waist but that is also good on hard pack. So I don’t have to avoid parts of the mountain depending what i am on...

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m on the Santa Ana 93s this year and I’ve had just as good of a time floating over a foot of powder through the trees as carving down an icy groomer.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I’m on the Santa Ana 93s this year and I’ve had just as good of a time floating over a foot of powder through the trees as carving down an icy groomer.

Same for me. I've had these skis on icy groomers in Vermont and a foot of powder at Jackson Hole, and these can do it all. Love 'em!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Have either Nordica Santa Ana 93 an/or Head Kore 93w reserved for bumps etc at Taos today... How are the SA's in bumps?

mustski

Angel Diva
After demo'ing the Stöckli Stormrider 85 a few years ago, that's what I went with as my all-mountain skis for trips out west. I have narrower skis for the mid-Atlantic and northeast. Note that I'm petite so for me skis that are 100 underfoot are for powder days.

I'm not a petite skier. I'm 5'2"and 125lbs- average bone structure. I just demoed these in Taos and they are now highly coveted. I believe they will replace 3 skis in my quiver - my Renoun Z90s, my Hell's Belles, and my Volkl 90eights. I will still have my Volkl Ones for powder days.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have either Nordica Santa Ana 93 an/or Head Kore 93w reserved for bumps etc at Taos today... How are the SA's in bumps?

I enjoyed bumps more on a shorter, narrower, softer ski (I got the SA’s longer than I’m used to because of the rocker), although in general I’m not a great mogul skier. Mind you in other tight spaces such as chutes and trees they’re a blast but somehow on bumps, especially large ones, they feel more unwieldy. I’d love to ever from others as I was not able to demo any other similarly-profiles skis on moguls.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SA 93's were fantastic! Thought I had 153's but when returned found out they were 161's. They were fine in the bumps even when we were videoed.

The Santa Anas do ski short because of the rocker. I have the 161's, myself.

What about the Head Kores?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Santa Anas do ski short because of the rocker. I have the 161's, myself.

What about the Head Kores?

Thursday will demo Head Kores as tonight and tomorrow snow so will ski BC camox birdies. I loved the SA 93's even though wondered as heard about the two sheets of metal.... Curious about Head Kores as was told stiff tail and we are skiing lots of bumps..... I was so surprised I as on the 161's and not the 153's I reserved! No sheeva 9 or SA 88's or Elan Ripstick 88's anywhere so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna