• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Berkshires in 2017-18 - Jiminy Peak and Berkshire East

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting this thread for 2017-18 in case there are shy Divas who ski in the Berkshires. I've been enjoying the Wyndham resort at Jiminy Peak in the last couple years when driving to/from Boston. Hoping to use that as a base to check out the skiing at Jiminy and Berkshire East at some point. I've hiked Jiminy and ridden the quad during the fall season. Seems like a well run ski resort.

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
Berkshire East is a really fun, old fashioned mountain. No high speed quads but the summit lift has a magic carpet so that lift is pretty fast. I've only skied there during the week, where you pretty much have the mountain to yourself, unless there's a high school race. Lots of narrow trails that snake through the woods and a good mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain.

newboots

Angel Diva
I love Berkshire East. I've mostly skied it on weekends, and while the lodge is crowded with race families (and everyone stores their stuff in the lodge, piling it everywhere), there is virtually never a lift line. They have two lifts to the summit, and if a line develops on one, they open the second one. I love winding trails through the woods, and they have several that are easy enough for beginners. If you prefer wide, "tilted football fields," they have those in green, blue, and black.

Even when the lodge is crammed with ski gear, it's a comfy-feeling place. Old-fashioned, local, the kind of place where you run into friends from your town or make friends by virtue of where you stuffed your bag.

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
The lodge is beautiful, full of varnished wooden tables and benches, and big windows that look out onto the competition hill. It's super cozy on a sunny day with the sun streaming in.

newboots

Angel Diva
The lodge is beautiful, full of varnished wooden tables and benches, and big windows that look out onto the competition hill. It's super cozy on a sunny day with the sun streaming in.

Yes! They have these fabulous old-time wooden chairs with an evergreen tree carved into the backrest. It is SO non-glitz, friendly, and fun.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Berkshire East opened last weekend. Closed this week then open again next weekend.

Jiminy Peak is opening Fri-Sun until Dec. 14. After that will be open daily. I've enjoyed staying at the timeshare resort that is slope side at Jiminy during the fall. Might check it out on my next trip.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A bunch of us from my home Mt usually make a trip to Jiminy each winter. they do offer "tickets by the hour" and they have lots of online specials and used to give half off w/a reciprocal deal they have w/several Mts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I hiked up to the snowmaking pond at Jiminy last October with a local. Had also ridden the main quad as a scenic ride in Sept with my non-skiing husband. So have some sense of the terrain. Seems well laid out.

The hike was an optional activity of the Bentley Brook resort. She turned out to be a member of one of the founding members of the Thunderbolt Ski Club. Since no one else showed up, we had a grand time that afternoon hiking and chatting about skiing. I'd never heard of Mt. Greylock and the CCC Thunderbolt Ski Race before. Drove to the top of Mt. Greylock and the Thunderbolt Museum the next day. Great fun!

newboots

Angel Diva
Greylock has some wonderful ski history!

marzNC

Angel Diva
A bunch of us from my home Mt usually make a trip to Jiminy each winter. they do offer "tickets by the hour" and they have lots of online specials and used to give half off w/a reciprocal deal they have w/several Mts.
Online price for the weekday I'm likely to ski at Jiminy is only $40. That's less than Berkshire East with no driving since I managed to get a unit at the Wyndham timeshare for one night. Have an empty bedroom. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Very nice day at Jiminy Peak today. All the local seniors were out this morning. Made friends with a group of women and skied with them until they left at noon.

Temps in the low 30s with sun. So should be even better in the afternoon on some runs after the groomed surface softens a bit.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, Snowstorm Riley has dumped 12 inches at Jiminy Peak overnight and Berkshire East posted on their website about "heavy, wet snow" and high winds. But both are closed for today, 3/2, because of power outages. Jiminy was open until mid-afternoon. The winds are fierce.

Jiminy Peak Snow Report
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 3.22.43 PM.png

Tvan

Angel Diva
We have lost power several times today. Be safe out there!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jiminy Peak will be open all day and into the night for the usual 10pm closing time. Storm dropped 10-18 inches. Winds have dropped under 20mph.

Just an hour to the east, Berkshire East only got a few inches and it was heavy and wet. Primary conditions are groomed and secondary says "Wet Snow." Their snow report comment was "This is the conditions report for Saturday, March 3rd. We are open! We received a few inches of snow in the base area and over 6 inches at the summit. Grooming crew was out last night to insure some great skiing and riding. Tubing park will also be open.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Berkshires about to get dumped on starting Wed afternoon. That reddish purple means 14 inches in about 24 hours! Good for the Catskills and southern VT, southern NH too. Even Wachusett is in the deep area.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 7.48.36 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Another view of the snow totals predicted for 3/7. Jiminy is just northwest of Pittsfield, MA.

By 8pm the blizzard seemed to be over. We'll see how much more comes down overnight.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 9.34.15 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The official snow depth was 18-22 inches at Jiminy Peak! The double blacks were not groomed. Nor-easter is a blue off Widow White's, the quad that runs to the very top until 1pm midweek, Ace of Spades is a wide black that has lights. The Hot Wheels Glade is a blue glade with widely spaced big trees that have obviously been thinned and a very mellow pitch. Was quite skiable yesterday even in the morning before the heavy snow started.

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 6.44.11 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Berkshires are about to get more snow from the next nor'easter. Prediction for Jiminy Peak is 11 inches about a day before the snow starts. Temperatures are staying well below freezing, so all the snow from last week is hanging around as a solid base.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna