• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Beaver Creek 1/9/2023

Amie H

Angel Diva
As one of at least two Divas here this week, I'll share some of my highlights. (One of which was meeting and skiing with @MissySki !)

My original itinerary had me flying in early on Sunday the 8th. Last year I took the same flight and the timing of flight/shuttle/early check in allowed me to be out on the snow by 1:15PM. Unfortunately, my flight was pushed to a later time weeks before the trip commenced, so I chose to burn one of my EPIC 3-day pass days at Keystone in November. That gave me two days to ski, Monday and Tuesday.

Monday was a crisp bluebird day in the morning. Met @MissySki at the hotel ski racks (I stayed at The Pines Lodge again.) We took Strawberry Park chair over to the McCoy Park area and goofed around over there a bit, enjoying some wide-open runs on fresh corduroy. Then headed to Bachelor Gulch and took a hydration break at the Ritz Carlton (yes, they have a free water station!)

I was starting to have a front of leg aching I experienced at Keystone. I suspect the new packing in my boots, including heel lifts, are messing up my ergonomics. I plan to remedy that when I get home.

Anyway, we then wove our way across the mountain switchbacks to get over toward the Centennial Express chair over by the village. Headed up that, then up Cinch to get to the Red Buffalo Park. On the Cinch lift, Missy spied some pump runs she hoped to try later. She'll tell you about that!

That area of the mountain tends to be a bit more crowded, with a lot of newbies expanding their skills from the Haymeadow learning area below. We did a few runs, and I wasn't feeling like I had enough juice in my legs to keep going AND be able to then ski all the way around the other mountain to get back to the hotel. So we took a lunch break at Spruce Saddle Lodge. After lunch, I downloaded on the Centennial Chondola, and left Missy to explore the bump runs and other challenging terrain.

I did the Strawberry Park Express Chair -->Primrose-->Intertwine-->Pines Skiway. Made a mini charcuterie platter to enjoy with some wine on my micro-balcony while watching the snow.

Later, I enjoyed a hot tub soak and swim, before settling in to enjoy a homemade dinner of garden salad, mushroom smothered pork chop & egg noddles, and a glass of Cabernet. Tuesday ski report posted soon.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
As one of at least two Divas here this week, I'll share some of my highlights. (One of which was meeting and skiing with @MissySki !)

My original itinerary had me flying in early on Sunday the 8th. Last year I took the same flight and the timing of flight/shuttle/early check in allowed me to be out on the snow by 1:15PM. Unfortunately, my flight was pushed to a later time weeks before the trip commenced, so I chose to burn one of my EPIC 3-day pass days at Keystone in November. That gave me two days to ski, Monday and Tuesday.

Monday was a crisp bluebird day in the morning. Met @MissySki at the hotel ski racks (I stayed at The Pines Lodge again.) We took Strawberry Park chair over to the McCoy Park area and goofed around over there a bit, enjoying some wide-open runs on fresh corduroy. Then headed to Bachelor Gulch and took a hydration break at the Ritz Carlton (yes, they have a free water station!)

I was starting to have a front of leg aching I experienced at Keystone. I suspect the new packing in my boots, including heel lifts, are messing up my ergonomics. I plan to remedy that when I get home.

Anyway, we then wove our way across the mountain switchbacks to get over toward the Centennial Express chair over by the village. Headed up that, then up Cinch to get to the Red Buffalo Park. On the Cinch lift, Missy spied some pump runs she hoped to try later. She'll tell you about that!

That area of the mountain tends to be a bit more crowded, with a lot of newbies expanding their skills from the Haymeadow learning area below. We did a few runs, and I wasn't feeling like I had enough juice in my legs to keep going AND be able to then ski all the way around the other mountain to get back to the hotel. So we took a lunch break at Spruce Saddle Lodge. After lunch, I downloaded on the Centennial Chondola, and left Missy to explore the bump runs and other challenging terrain.

I did the Strawberry Park Express Chair -->Primrose-->Intertwine-->Pines Skiway. Made a mini charcuterie platter to enjoy with some wine on my micro-balcony while watching the snow.

Later, I enjoyed a hot tub soak and swim, before settling in to enjoy a homemade dinner of garden salad, mushroom smothered pork chop & egg noddles, and a glass of Cabernet. Tuesday ski report posted soon.
Sounds delightful.... Are your accommodations ski in, ski out?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hmm.... I should think about that. I really like Beaver Creek and I do have Epic Pass..... using my 5 days for Park City before Diva West though. Link to your hotel?

Amie H

Angel Diva

If you book directly through them, 20% discount w your Epic pass. I recommend calling bc the online booking system is a bit wonky. I chose the week I did bc it's before room rates go way up.

I fly directly into EGE and book an EPIC Mountain Express shuttle to hotel. It's about a 30 min ride.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thank you. I have flown into Eagle in the past, maybe once to Denver.....
Looks great. Thanks for the tips!

MissySki

Angel Diva
It was so much fun meeting and skiing with you @Amie H! I so appreciate the company and your helping me learn my way around the mountain, it was so much fun!

Here we are on the chairlift Monday.
6BC6D0CA-3049-488B-861E-29CF5490DBB8.jpeg

After a yummy lunch break I went to explore some bumps as Amie mentioned. First I tried Sheephorn since I could see it fully from the lift. They were super fun small soft bumps that gave me a confidence boost to explore further. So I then sought out Ripsaw as someone had recommended that to me, it was quite a big step up from Sheephorn in terms of steepness, but still lovely bumps that were bigger but not crazy and still nice and soft. Then I took the Rose Bowl chair back up and went to Spider which I could see from that lift. It felt like the pitch was a bit steeper still from Ripsaw, and the bumps were a lot bigger but still soft and fun.

31ED4F9E-9A8F-44B6-889F-103F2D5FB524.jpeg

It’s amazing how much better I feel in bumps when the elements of ice and rocks are taken out of it completely! This trip has definitely made me feel that my skiing overall, and bump skiing specifically, would be at such a higher level if I were a full time Western skier! It just feels so much better on snow here.

Anyway, I also tried a double black bump run to end my day. I think it was Goshawk. This was a super long steep run with ginormous bumps. This is when I started feeling the altitude since I was working harder there, and I had to take a bunch of rest breaks. I had most all of the bump runs I did completely to myself, outside of the first easier one. It was a great day!

Michelle P

Certified Ski Diva

Awww! Such fun gentle runs! They are just so nice to relax and enjoy the area on. I wish that I had been able to get out there and enjoy some of it with you and Missy. Sounds like you had a great time. Yea! :yahoo:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna