• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Be careful of how you use the word Backcountry! Especially if it's part of a business you're starting.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dear Divas, I cannot keep silent about the current stir that is happening in the outdoor gear industry. Particularly, as it affects a lot of our favorite ski related non-profits and businesses. Backcountry.com which also owns steepandcheap.com is being a bully and has actively sued a large number of nonprofits and businesses whose name includes the word Backcountry. I leave it up to you all to make your choices but I am actively boycotting both companies along with PBR which is owned by the parent company that owns backcountry.com. Here is a link to one article about it but there are many many more on the internet https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ou...ring-of-businesses-over-the-word-backcountry/

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh. PBR? The beer?
Yes...I think the parent company is TSG or close to it. A lot of brands, including some organic foods.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Recently Kim Kardashian wanted to trademark the word 'kimono' when launching her shapewear line. She backed off when it blew up in her face but still made a lot of money from it. Maybe TSG took note of what happened with that ####-show and decided any publicity is good.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Yes...I think the parent company is TSG or close to it. A lot of brands, including some organic foods.
That’s interesting, because as I understand it, the appeal of PBR is that it’s an anti-corporate beer - no advertising, no gimmicks. Going after small businesses is corporate BS. It’s crappy beer anyway, in my opinion. I will not give them my money. I feel the same way about the Evil River.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@snoWYmonkey , I share your sentiments. And while it's up to each of us to decide where we want to spend our money, I've removed Backcountry's and SteepandCheap's ads from this website. If you want to support them, that's your right. I don't have to.
@ski diva. Thank You for taking a stance at great cost to the TheSkiDiva forum! Maybe those of us who support the boycott can donate to the website in a show of appreciation? I am going to do so right now in gratitude for your courageous move.

Last edited:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is there a way to donate and support the Ski Diva? Just did a search...

Jenny

Angel Diva
Donate

Thread has paypal and venmo info in it, but look for kiki's (I think) post that has the right paypal link. The first one you'll come to didn't work.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I think this is going to blow up on them in a bad way. There is a twitter hashtag #boycottbackcountry happening, and the FB group Boycott Backcountrydotcom is well over 11k in just matter of hours. I closed my account via their chat.

Christy

Angel Diva
Let's hope it blows up. I posted about it on my local hikers message board.

The list of companies owned by the parent company reminds me of the mega-corporation that is a joke in Bojack Horseman-"Philip Morris-Disney-Fox-AT&T-AOL-Time Warner-PepsiCo-Viacom-Halliburton-Skynet-Toyota-Trader Joe's."

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Just a few companies under the TSG umbrella that I often purchase products from:
Gardein
Garden of Eatin'
Arrowhead Mills
Popchips
Vitamin Water
Planet Fitness

Until today I had not delved into the lawsuits and understood exactly what was going on - I am so downtrodden. I have seriously loved Backcountry.com for many years are their customer service is fantastic and very personal. I seriously hate this.

UGH.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I was all set to order something from Backcountry as a gift on the 20% off winter deal. Now I've changed my mind. I have purchased from Backcountry for many years.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just read this on a Facebook page and I admit I am torn as I feel like this too :frown:
B8B4E7A7-0621-4CFF-90E9-395CE9A7CF5B.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly