• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Banff!

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad u made it home safely. Toronto airport was the #1 for most delays last summer. Air Canada is not good at communicating the reasons 4 delays. Americans like to be updated & understand why. And yes sunshine was given an appropriate name.

Jilly

Staff member
Toronto has had the worst record since the pandemic and AC is the worst airline ever. WestJet's hub is Calgary. So book them next time. They also don't care about the soft bag vs Sport tube. AC's partner is United. Not sure what WestJet uses, as so far any flight into the States on them has been direct. (Looks like it's Delta)

Just did a quick search, as I have the WestJet app....no direct from Dulles, but you would go through either MSP, SLC, ATL or New York (either airport). So something to think about next time. Get to NYC and you're direct to Calgary after that. I'm surprised the WJ doesn't have at least 1 direct flight to Washington from Calgary.

Also look at connecting through Ottawa. It's a smaller airport.

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
OMG! THANKS for the reminder on the tracker tags! When we went to Lake Louise in December, the flights were HORRENDOUS!!! In air was great, but once we landed, our luggage was delayed by a day. And no car seats. It was a complete hassle trying to get it all in time to ski and caused us to hang out in Calgary for almost an extra day. The airline thought they lost all our luggage. The way back was SOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Multiple flights cancelled, and we were just livid. At one point, we went to our connecting flight to find out that they just BUMPED Us to standby and there was nothing for three days. They just said "oh! Your ticket is no longer valid" and they let other people on. I sent a complaint to Air Canada and they wrote back saying it was weather related. And I was like, "Umm..nooooooo... because other people got on!" They sent me a 20% voucher. Which I guess worked out because I just saved $2K purchasing RT tickets to Taiwan!

So... on the bright side... winning? :smile:

I'm sorry you also had to go through such crap. On the return to Dulles airport, they lost our luggage for almost three days. That was also super fun...!

I would recommend you file an online complaint. Perhaps they will get you a 20% off voucher as well?

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I did file a delay/disruption claim on the outbound connection from Toronto to Calgary. There was no weather at either location and it was delayed almost 4 hours. They said the delay was not their fault (but didn’t say why) but gave me a $300 CAD voucher anyway. That’s about 50% of the round trip ticket cost. I would not want to go through it again for twice that. Maybe a direct flight, on the return leg, from my front door to my living room, then maybe I’d trust them to get me there on time.

It’s not just the delays. I provided just the highlights. Toronto was due to weather and I get that. It’s the counter opening 45 minutes late at Dulles, the conflicting instructions on what to do with checked baggage at Toronto, the awful itinerary from auto-rebooking, lack of airport personnel for Q&A, making me pay for a seat on the re-book to Reagan, the baggage guy ignoring my plea to put my orange ski tube on the carousel when I can see clearly it’s on the other side of the wall, etc, etc, etc.

On a positive note, ArriveCAN and Global Entry were super. I spent more time clearing airport security than customs both ways.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly