• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bad Habits .......

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More whining that anything else! I hate those moments (days) that ALL of ones bad habits seem to rise up and try and take over!! Yes, it's early in the season. And yes, conditions were difficult yesterday and today (COLD, wind strong enough to sometimes require leaning into it to not fall over, ice to deep spots where the wind creates drifts) but ......auuuuugh. My 'regular' issues are dropping my right hand down/behind me, especially if spooked; straightening my right leg on the downhill side instead of staying in position and making a decent turn and slipping into the backseat. I KNOW I was doing them all, and mentally coaching myself to stop!

I also think I am not in love with my Nordica Wild Belles, although I do love the Belle to Belle. There is a demo day at Okemo this weekend, if I can scrounge a ticket for a reasonable price. (friends, I hope, can help). Just want to compare. Or admit I am always in search of the next best thing that loves me! I didn't demo the Wild Belles before buying.

Thanks for allowing the minor rant at myself. My own worst enemy! :rolleyes:

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't be so hard on yourself! Difficult snow, crowds and all kinds of things affect what we do. It is normal to revert to our old habits. The good thing is that you are aware and if you are aware, you can change.

Improvement is not linear! I would not be in a rush to get new skis. Work with what you have and if after more time, you hate them, then move on.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't be so hard on yourself! Difficult snow, crowds and all kinds of things affect what we do. It is normal to revert to our old habits. The good thing is that you are aware and if you are aware, you can change.

Improvement is not linear! I would not be in a rush to get new skis. Work with what you have and if after more time, you hate them, then move on.

Thank you for the encouragement! Re: the skis: I'm in my second season on them and not in love yet. Yes, I will still keep working with them. The others I loved the moment I demoed them! Likely the advice is demo first!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thank you for the encouragement! Re: the skis: I'm in my second season on them and not in love yet. Yes, I will still keep working with them. The others I loved the moment I demoed them! Likely the advice is demo first!
What year are yours? I went from the Nordica Victory (which I loved!), to the 2012/2013 Wild Belles (also without demoing) and never loved them either. They were fine, but ultimately I moved on after last year, after using them for three years.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What year are yours? I went from the Nordica Victory (which I loved!), to the 2012/2013 Wild Belles (also without demoing) and never loved them either. They were fine, but ultimately I moved on after last year, after using them for three years.

2015/16 Wild Belle. Glad to know I wasn't the only one in both senses on that ski.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Wild Belle I think went through several construction changes through the years. I demoed the earlier ones and loved them but the later ones I tried (15/16) I didn't like either!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely don't beat yourself up. One thing to try: when I'm on crappy conditions and find myself reverting to bad habits, I take myself to a less steep slope (hopefully with better snow) and work on correcting the issues. That way you're not reinforcing the bad habit. Just a thought! Also it's more fun and will give you a boost rather than feeling scared and out of control. We should be getting more snow soon!

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went back to my favorite skis yesterday and while cold it was a bluebird day. Helped a lot! Skied everything that was open. Of course New England packed powder (aka hard pack!) is easier to ski on that heaps. But the skis really did help. Just felt better! And I did concentrate on not doing some of 'my' things

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna