• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Backpack for out West

kiki

Angel Diva
It was at that time. It's so comfortable. Because it's so narrow on the back, you shouldn't have to take it off for the lift. Plus it releases and will come off if needed. The pack came about because of that accident a few years ago at A-Basin.
Thank you watched the video/-awesome! Did order one ;-)

marzNC

Angel Diva
I see that Vail is encouraging people to plan to bring water and snacks with them this season. I have never worn a backpack skiing though have this small one I got for hiking this summer that has one of those water bladders in It. Do you think it will work for skiing with??

https://www.dakine.com/collections/...products/syncline-16l-bike-hydration-backpack

Do you take it off before getting on chair lift? How do you deal with all the little straps flailing about? They don’t get caught on stuff? I only ski grroomed runs, no trees, but am wondering if it will be constraining, not sure of other options, my pockets are not big enough for water .
Recommendations appreciated.
You might take a look at the Kulkea Micropack. It's very well designed and holds more than you might imagine. It's designed to be used on ski lifts.

@ski diva reviewed it a few years ago.
https://www.theskidiva.com/gear-review-kulkea-micro-pack-a-multi-activity-daypack/

Personally using a bladder didn't work for me when skiing. Although I like it when hiking or on a bike. I had a Camelback that was designed for cold weather use, meaning the tube was insulated in some way. Have a friend who loves his. Wife bought it for him because he was always getting dehydrated because he wasn't drinking enough during breaks. Now he takes a sip every time he rides the chairlift.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I see that Vail is encouraging people to plan to bring water and snacks with them this season. I have never worn a backpack skiing though have this small one I got for hiking this summer that has one of those water bladders in It. Do you think it will work for skiing with??

https://www.dakine.com/collections/...products/syncline-16l-bike-hydration-backpack

Do you take it off before getting on chair lift? How do you deal with all the little straps flailing about? They don’t get caught on stuff? I only ski grroomed runs, no trees, but am wondering if it will be constraining, not sure of other options, my pockets are not big enough for water .
Recommendations appreciated.

I carry a platypus collapsible water bottle and granola bars/snacks in my cargo pants. If you want an alternative to a pack. feels a little awkward til water is half gone. But packs look super awkward too.

kiki

Angel Diva
I carry a platypus collapsible water bottle and granola bars/snacks in my cargo pants. If you want an alternative to a pack. feels a little awkward til water is half gone. But packs look super awkward too.
I’m rather hippy and pear shaped if I put anything in my pant pockets I can’t zip my coat

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I have a mammut climbing backpack and it fits everything a need. It is really flat so it doesn’t bother me on the lifts

altagirl

Staff member
I have rarely used it, but have a camelback that's super thin and small and can be worn under my jacket, which eliminates the concern with getting snagged on a lift. https://maxedbuy.com/en/detail/9530...html?msclkid=b780bdff10bf114f2d66e26288e6ce21

I could never seem to remember to blow the water back up into the reservoir and just have a frozen tube of water that is of no use in short order... So I generally have not bothered with a water pack, but this type is small enough to make sense to me. And I just put everything else I need in my pockets. My Arc'teryx pants have nice cargo pockets that I can fit my wallet and a snack in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly