• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Back on the snow!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I've been pretty quiet, I know. Life was kind of rocky and then I did my ACL/MCL July 2017. I had surgery 9/17 and then took last season off. I could have skied very end of the season but I declined to play it safe. I worked really hard in PT (back to sport PT) and my surgeon released me to ski with no brace at my 1 year surgery anniversary.

I had my first day today. It looked kind of grim; new snow but the worst kind of fog. Our mt is only 1/2 open, with just two chairs to ski. I was with a new friend. We did some vertigo inducing groomers and then the fog lifted! Yeah!!! Then we ran into patroller hubby who was testing out the coverage off piste on Chair 2. We went for it and it was fabulous. No mental hesitation and it was just like getting back on a bike! The knee feels great - the only thing that hurt was my butt when I did one of those tip over falls that slams your hip. Had a couple of faceplants into the soft stuff but that was all fun.

I'm super stoked for the rest of the season now.

today's ski on IG

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great to read this. Congratulations on ending up with a secure knee and fantastically in-shape!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's to a fabulous season!!! What great news that all the hard work in PT has paid off!!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Congratulations! I think you were brave getting out there in what started out as less than ideal conditions. Good to get the first fall out of the way, too, so you know the knee can handle it.

I may have my first day post-injury on Sunday, but I also might chicken out because it's supposed to be 40F and sunny, which says wet, heavy, sloppy snow to me and since it was heavy snow that caused the problem I'd just as soon have something nicer the first day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna