• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Aspen Advice

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think there are a few members from the Aspen area.

I'll be there in February next year, with my husband for our 5th wedding anniversary, so I am looking for a restaurant recommendation for dinner.

Does anyone have any favourite places to recommend, somewhere with nice food, good wine, great service and a pleasant atmosphere?

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Oh My!! Where to begin??

Best sushi - some say Matsuhisa, but I say Kenichi is better. Matsu is very pricey.

The Little Nell's Montagna restaurant is also fabulous. The chef has a ranch & farm and all the ingredients are fresh from there.

Depends on what you're looking for. What kind of food do you like? We have it all.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not so much sushi for this kind of occasion.

I'm not sure what you would call the type of cuisine, modern American maybe, but we are very keen on French and Italian food. We also love wine, so somewhere with an extensive winelist would be ideal.

Montagna sounds definitely worth looking into, thank you!

We'd like to do something special during the day, I am thinking about the Aspen Mtn Powder Cats - but the conditions would have to be right, do you know anything about them?

skigrl27

Since you're not coming until February...I have some time to check stuff out for you. I work for the Aspen Skiing Company...we also do Aspen Powder/Backcountry tours. There's also dogsledding at Krabloonik kennels, which always sounded fun to me.

Montagna is really good, highly recommended. I'm actually doing lunch there tomorrow. They have a master somallier(sp) there also and their wine list is quite extensive.

Stay tuned, I will get the low down for a fun special event. It's a beautiful little town and even without plans, you're sure to find all sorts of great things to do.

"Stay Aspen/Snowmass" may have some other good suggestions as well. Look for their website.

skigrl27

actually...do you know where you're staying already?

I don't think you could go wrong with the Little Nell's Montagna.....ambiance and great food!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have booked a studio apartment close to the centre of town, the name escapes me at the moment.

We will be in Vail the week before, then Telluride the week after.

I have been to Aspen before, but my husband hasn't, I can't wait for him to experience it, it is such a great place, I always rave about it so we thought we should visit next year.

Dogsledding would be wonderful, my husband is obsessed with huskis/malamutes, he would just love that, except he'd want to take them all home with us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna