• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Are there similar programs here in North America?

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I read this interesting article this morning about a special season's pass in Switzerland which gives skiers incentive to visit smaller resorts which aren't always well-known. This seems like a good way to keep smaller hills in business. Out of curiosity are there similar programs on this side of the Atlantic?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do know that one of the multi resort passes in the US includes at least one smaller ski area, in this case Eldora in CO. Not sure about the other ones. I love the idea...to a point. I know for a fact that the increase in business at my home mountain is directly related to a multi resort pass program it is participating in. Pros and cons, but I suspect mostly pros for the small areas if one were to be created in the US specifically targeting the smaller areas.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Freedom Pass is a cooperative agreement between a collection of small, independent ski areas. Season passholders get 3 days free at the other places. Quite a mix, including places in the northeast, Colorado, and even Eaglecrest in Alaska.

FREEDOM PASS
Nineteen ski areas. Three lift tickets at each. Free with your season pass.

The Freedom Pass is a pass add-on at nineteen soul-filled ski areas across the United States. Buy a pass at a participating mountain, take it to any other mountain on the pass, and get three free days of skiing. It's that simple.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The other multi-resort agreement that functions as a perk to a season pass is the Powder Alliance. That's more for people out west willing to travel for 3 days of free midweek skiing or half-price on weekends. There are 18 locations. The new places for 2018-19 included Sugar Bowl, Loveland, Monarch, Marmot Basin, and Castle Mountain.

Jilly

Staff member
A ski buddy of mine had a all quebec ski pass. He had to go to the ticket window to get a lift ticket but it was all paid. I'll find out what it was called. Now that he owns a unit at Tremblant he doesn't use it and has lost the ability to get it back. There are only so many sold each year. I'll find out more about it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ah, that reminds me. There are a limited number of Gold Cards sold in North Carolina each season. Unlimited access to all the ski areas in the NC mountain for about $900. Always sell out. For 2018-19 there were 100 available. Previous Gold Card holders have a chance to buy before any are sold to the general public.

Note that a day ticket on weekends runs about $80 for the larger places in the southeast. That's for around at most 100 acres and 600-1000 ft vertical, with night skiing. App and Cat are cheaper but only have 25 acres.

Appalachian Ski Mtn
Sugar Mountain Resort
Beech Mountain Resort
Sapphire Valley Ski Area
Cataloochee Ski Area
Wolf Ridge Ski Resort

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly