• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Are the any Knitting Ski Divas in the Group?

Tvan

Angel Diva
@VickiK - the Passacaglia Quilt project will be in progress for a very long time.

My most recent quilt was a commission. This is the 8th quilt I’ve made for this family. The previous 7 were for the children in this blended family. The husband’s first wife died in childbirth, leaving him with 5 kids under the age of 10. He later married his second wife, who’s husband died of viral meningitis, leaving her with two young sons. All 7 kids (now young adults) have quilt from their deceased parent’s clothing. Quilt#8 was for their grandmother, made from their grandfather’s garments. Two suit jackets, several Oxford button downs, a gorgeous flannel shirt, a pair of khakis, a couple of beautiful neckties, and a polar fleece.

This turned out really well. I might make a menswear quilt again with Italian wools and silk ties. Not soon, however. I have a house to build, and another one to pack up and move. 2C4460B8-A13A-4E84-B3FE-14F0C44D0264.jpegDE2A8A36-AB52-49E6-91D9-026188804679.jpeg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@altagirl what are the dimensions (the first two)? I absolutely love them and have a friend who loves to crochet. Is there a pattern? Or are these your own creations? I used to knit but my wrists bother me every time I do.....

geargrrl

Angel Diva
(FYI both Vicki and I am on Ravely. I'm PennySews)
Finally finished my first sweater. I got to wear it exactly once before it got too warm. I am really pleased. I have a great mentor which really helps. Pattern is Harley from KnitPicks

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_180217_927.jpg
    IMG_20220413_180217_927.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220413_171345 small.jpg
    20220413_171345 small.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 10

altagirl

Staff member
@altagirl what are the dimensions (the first two)? I absolutely love them and have a friend who loves to crochet. Is there a pattern? Or are these your own creations? I used to knit but my wrists bother me every time I do.....
I bought the pattern on Etsy, and it was very well explained. I mean it's essentially an elongated triangle and then you create the holes to weave the tail through.

altagirl

Staff member
I made a sweater a few years back that was very basic design that I sorted out with no pattern. LOL- It's basically a big batwing thing with a fitted waistband - so it was just a big square with the neck hole in the middle and the waistband added on. Which was really an experiment in playing with various stitches I'd just learned and figuring out a way to connect it all together.

And I played with making Waffles a dog sweater with my own pattern. And now she wants to know what's up with modeling sweaters in late April.
20220427_211841.jpg

1651114327336.png

Last edited:

altagirl

Staff member
(FYI both Vicki and I am on Ravely. I'm PennySews)
Finally finished my first sweater. I got to wear it exactly once before it got too warm. I am really pleased. I have a great mentor which really helps. Pattern is Harley from KnitPicks
I love the lines of the cabling on the sides. Lovely!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I made a sweater a few years back that was very basic design that I sorted out with no pattern. LOL- It's basically a big batwing thing with a fitted waistband - so it was just a big square with the neck hole in the middle and the waistband added on. Which was really an experiment in playing with various stitches I'd just learned and figuring out a way to connect it all together.

And I played with making Waffles a dog sweater with my own pattern. And now she wants to know what's up with modeling sweaters in late April.
View attachment 18671

View attachment 18670
Love both

geargrrl

Angel Diva
@geargrrl that looks fantastic. So beautifully fitted. Love that color.
Thanks Vicki. I usually hear about "first sweater disasters" so I am very pleased. I have a great mentor who insists I do a gauge swatch for everything so that's probably a good start. That, and lifelines.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I've knitted a ski person, goggles helmet and all. It's even got skis and poles though those aren't knitted.
View attachment 4107

And a hiker person and a Santa. I've also knitted one jumper and have 3 partially finished jumpers and one partially finished hoodie and 3 partially finished blankets. I tend to start things get bored and move onto another project.
Love:love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly