• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Are the any Knitting Ski Divas in the Group?

alicie

Angel Diva
This year I’m going to do a temperature blanket, I’m slightly regretting choosing chunky yarn as it’s gonna be massive but I was worried dk yarn wouldn’t be big enough lol.

I am crocheting a baby blanket at the moment. Rainbow and clouds. The main body is striped rainbow, and the border is like clouds.

image.jpg

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is what I've got planned for 2023, in no particular order, with the intention to use up some of the beautiful yarn I have stashed:
Colorwork projects
'Vanilla' raglan sweater, this time in a smaller size
Christmas sweater, Festive Yoke Pullover on Ravelry
Socks and cowls
Felted bowls (kit)
Children's sweater(s)

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Here are some of my recent projects:
two baby sweaters
a fun hat
A cowl for a friend
Another hat.

I've acquire some beautiful yarn: brought some home from Iceland, and gifted from a friend who went to NZ.

Anyone have favorite brand of superwash wool? I need to make a sweater for my son.

Attachments

• 20220807_085740.jpg
    20220807_085740.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220724_161859_413.jpg
    IMG_20220724_161859_413.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20221120_133623.jpg
    20221120_133623.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221218_085118.jpg
    20221218_085118.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230102_153851.jpg
    20230102_153851.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 3

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve been moving away from super wash, but my first sweater from Madeline Tosh Vintage worsted is still a pleasure to wear.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a throw that was made from Malabrigo Rios. Beautiful!

alicie

Angel Diva
So I have started my temperature blanket. I’ll share the colours and temperatures when I get my shade card, but here are the first four hexagons. I had done a fifth one but got the colours the wrong way round, so frogged it’s.

If you would like to follow along on Instagram and my other projects. you can find my crochet one at theausomecrocheter.

1DC08547-F817-4989-9674-BBE8BD77E307.jpeg

alicie

Angel Diva
Please explain what a temperature blanket it.
A temperature blanket, basically you crochet or knit a row, hexagon, square (whatever you choose) for each day of the year based on the temperature that day. So you assign a doifferent colour to different temperature ranges. So like 0 and under, would be one colour , 1-4 another and so on.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I am back knitting. I was diagnosed w/ bone-on-bone arthritis in my left thumb which made it very painful to knit and the velcro on the hand/thumb support kept getting stuck to the yarn. A cortisone shot has helped immensely. I could still cross-stitch though. I just finished this wedding gift for a friend's granddaughter's wedding in September. I chose the pattern before we got the invite. The invite and the pattern match very well. Taking it to be framed tomorrow. Back to working on my brand new great niece's sampler.20230704_114531.jpg

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am back knitting. I was diagnosed w/ bone-on-bone arthritis in my left thumb which made it very painful to knit and the velcro on the hand/thumb support kept getting stuck to the yarn. A cortisone shot has helped immensely. I could still cross-stitch though. I just finished this wedding gift for a friend's granddaughter's wedding in September. I chose the pattern before we got the invite. The invite and the pattern match very well. Taking it to be framed tomorrow. Back to working on my brand new great niece's sampler.View attachment 21376
That's beautiful, love the colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly