• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apsen and KSL buy Intrawest and more!

Jilly

Staff member
Do you think some Canadians are going to get an Epic Pass and use it to ski W-B mostly but also plan a trip to a Vail resort in the U.S.?

With the exchange rate on in our favour, I don't think too many Vancourites, will be heading to Vail. Other way around....for sure. There were a lot more Yanks this year at WB when I was there in March. Not including the bunch I was with.

I think the Canadians that travel, are starting to head into the interior of BC. Less cost, better terrain, better snow.

mustski

Angel Diva
It blew me away today when I heard the news. My concern is what will happen to the little guys? The goal was obviously to acquire Mammoth. Do they even want June, Bear or Summit? Two little towns really depend on those winter visitors. I'm open minded though. From what I have read, Aspen employees are pretty darn happy with the way the corporation treats them. That's a plus.

I know NOTHING about business things. Does this mean Mammoth will get a new CEO? Does anyone know? We had mammoth pass hook up through the current CEO but if he leaves I'm worried that hook up will end. Shoot, I should have gotten Mountain Collective when it was cheap.
If you already have a pass then you are good to go for next season because they don't plan to change anything. If not, that CEO is gone for sure.

Jilly

Staff member
I don't know if the CEO will be "gone". They need people with history in the area. If they replace, then they didn't like the way things were being done. Somewhere I read they, ASC, like the idea that the resorts are so different.

mustski

Angel Diva
I don't know if the CEO will be "gone". They need people with history in the area. If they replace, then they didn't like the way things were being done. Somewhere I read they, ASC, like the idea that the resorts are so different.
I don't see them keeping the CEO - lower execs for sure, but not the top dog. Not for more than the first year anyway.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for answering my question ladies. Anyone else have an opinion? BTW I wasn't a pass @mustski just a "let us know when you are coming up and we will get you tickets" type of thing.

Jilly

Staff member
They are more likely to move an Aspen or KSL person in after a few years. It's not any of these resorts were failing. Intrawest was and has been in financial trouble for a long time. Not really sure what happened at WB when VR moved in. I've a friend who's daughter works for WB in publicity and sponsors. She still has her job. Big boss is gone though.

At any take over you keep what works and get rid of what doesn't. That includes people. No sense doubling up jobs.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for answering my question ladies. Anyone else have an opinion? BTW I wasn't a pass @mustski just a "let us know when you are coming up and we will get you tickets" type of thing.

@CarverJill, the personnel aspects are often negotiated for each higher level individual, and there is no industry standard. It may also be confidential. You're close enough to call him up when you're headed to the mountain, so I would do something similar in this case - give him a call and ask him whether he thinks you need to buy passes for next season. Good luck!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@CarverJill call Rusty direct .... this is from email this am....

Thank you for being a season pass holder. As a season pass holder at Mammoth, June, or Big Bear Mountain Resort, your 2017/18 pass will be honored exactly as sold to you earlier this month.

Change always gives rise to questions and concerns. Feel free to contact me personally at [email protected], on my direct line at 760.934.0731, or stop by my office at the Main Lodge.

:wink:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
There's an interesting article in the Denver Post revealing more of the details behind the merger. Go here.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's an interesting article in the Denver Post revealing more of the details behind the merger. Go here.

Lots of zeros after the $ numbers! The equity numbers (on a quick view, I couldn't force my financial analysis hat on!) are very interesting, too. We shall all watch with interest, I'm sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly